Chapter 51

The rumours were true but I can't leave. We needed permission from the Headmaster to leave but I didn't get my paper signed in time and you know how stricked this school has become. I avoided being punished, but truthfully my punishment is staying here. I've called home and told them I can't come for the normal break and that I wish them a Merry Christmas.
  Currently I'm in my common in front of the fireplace with a cup of (hot drink). I can stay in my common for the most part, cause school is technically out, but I still leave the hufflepuff house to go to the library and during meal times. I'm staring into the fire lost in thought. I've been thinking about a few days ago a lot. What happened? Was it a dream, was someone messing with my head? Maybe my head is messing with me, maybe it was just a nightmare? Whatever it was I didn't like it.
The grandfather clock in the common tells me it's 12 o'clock, taking me from my thoughts. I sit back in my chair and take a drink of my beverage. It's still warm. I hold the mug in my hands, enjoying the warmth it's emitting. I bring a hand to my forehead and rub my temples, setting down my mug. It's late, I should really be getting to bed soon, even if I don't have classes tomorrow.
  I shift in my seat to where I'm curled up more. I really don't want to get up, though. I start to yawn but my focus is drawn too quickly and I stop mid yawn. A black Death Eater cloud enters the room from a small window near the ceiling. The smoke falls towards the floor and evaporates into a figure. I stand quickly and pull the person into a hug.
"Draco." I hug him tight and he returns it.
"Hey, baby." He kisses my head, "How are you?" Still in the hug I smile wide.
"I'm good, how are you?" I pull away enough to see his face. I move his fringe a little enough to get a good look at his face. No scratches, bruises or cuts. "You still look good, so you've got that," I joke.
He smiles, "I've been good, and thank you, baby." Draco kisses my forehead and smiles again. I pull away from the hug and take my spot in my chair again. "It's late why aren't you in bed?"
"It's late, why are you here?" I ask back.
"I wanted to see you."
"I want to leave this school," I answer as well. Draco nods.
"How about we go to the field? It's the closest I can get you to out without getting you in trouble."
I smile, "It's too cold for that, but thank you." Draco nods. "What brings you? You usually don't show up more then once a month."
"I wanted to see you, and it's Christmas," he has a small blush.
"Oh my god," I look at the grandfather clock. "You're right." It's 12:08am, December 25th. "Merry Christmas," I smile.
"Happy Christmas." We both fall silent for a moment before I stand again.
"You can sit down if you want," I say, referring to couches beside me. Draco nods and sits. "What have you been up to?"
He shrugs, "Tending to The Dark Lords needs, sometimes."
I nod, "Sorry to hear," and sit again.
"Well," he connects his gaze with mine, "I was okay with watching him run around our house but since Potters snuck into Bellatrix's vault he hasn't been so happy." Draco seems uneasy. "The other day he-.. he killed so many people." I watch his eyes start to tear up. It must've really effected him. "There was so much blood all over the floor and he walked through it with bare feet like it felt nice or something," he says with a look of disgust. "He's horrible." I stand and make my way to the couch he's sat on. I sit with each leg on each side of him and cup his cheeks.
"Are you alright?" I ask. He nods. "Are you sure?"
"I will be," he's avoiding eye contact.
"Draco?" I move my head to try and meet his eyes again. "Baby?" I call him what I haven't before. He smiles.
"I'm not baby," he laughs looking at me. "You are."