7

"Here you go." Beastboy handed me my plate that held my sandwich.

"Thank you," I smiled at him. "I appreciate it."

He smiled, and then sat down in the chair next to the bed.

I picked up my sandwich, feeling anxiety rise up my spine.

I didn't want him to see me eat something, or, well, anything in that matter.

I looked at him, and he gave me a confused look.

"Are you okay?" he asked. "Do you want a different kind of sandwich?"

"No I wanted this kind." I admitted, taking the tiniest bite of my sandwich.

It tasted good, but I felt a nervousness in my body.

He could see me eating this.

What is he thinking?

Yes, I know I'm an empath, but I try to give my friends the privacy they deserve.

But, I was so curious.

I pushed back my urges, though.

If he were thinking of something, it would be best if I didn't know.

"Is it good?" he asked excitingly.

I nodded, wiping my mouth and taking another bite.

I regretted every bite I took.

"That should help get your sugar up," he added. "Then maybe you'll start feeling better."

"Feeling better?" I questioned nervously. Does he know more than he's putting out?

"I mean, you've looked a little more pale lately," he explained. "It's just... I know you all like the back of my hand. I knew you were sick or something. But, I know you don't like people to know when you're sick, so I just let it go."

"Thank you," I told him. "That really means a lot. Did you tell anyone that you thought I was sick?"

I'm really really hoping he didn't.

He thought, chewing on his lip.

"I don't think so," he said. "If I did, I would only tell Robin. But, I don't think I told him."

I could tell he wasn't lying.

"Okay." I breathed out, feeling my tense muscles relax.

"You really don't like people knowing you're sick huh?" he asked with a chuckle.

"Yeah." I tried my best to smile at him.

"Is it a stomach virus or something?" he questioned. "When I carried you in here you—"

Anger and anxiety spread throughout my body.

"When you carried me?!" I asked in anger. "You carried me in here?!"

My fist clenched until my knuckles turned white.

He knows.

He knows how much I weigh.

He probably told everyone else.

"Yeah..." he admitted. "How else were you supposed to get here?"

"You know I don't like it when people touch me! Especially you!" I stared into his eyes.

His ears dropped.

"Raven I had to carry you in here! You passed out! It's not like you could have walked! Why are acting like this dude? Are you afraid I did something to you?" he attempted to defend himself.

My eyes teared up, and one fell down my face.

"Woah," he said softly. "Please don't cry, I didn't mean—"

"Move." I threw my legs over the side of the bed and stood up.

"Raven you can't leave. You aren't well and—" he touched my arm.

I yanked away.

"Don't touch me!" I pushed him away. "Did you not just hear me a few seconds ago? Or did you tune that out like you do to everything else that doesn't matter to you?"

I attempted to leave again, but he grabbed my hand.

The one without the burn of course.

"Doesn't matter to me?" he asked. "You think you don't matter to me Raven?"

I tried to yank my wrist away, but his hand was too strong.

"Quit claiming you care when you don't." I said as I punched his hand as hard as I could, trying to get his hand to let go.

"What makes you think I don't care?" he asked.
"Tell me? I stayed in here with you, I made you food, I cleaned your arm and you want to say that I don't care? You're my best friend Raven."

Another tear fell down my face, but I tried my best to hold in my tears.

He was lying.

He was just trying to make me feel better.

Malchior acted like he was my friend too.

"What's going on?" I turned my head to see Robin standing in the door way.

I tuned my head back around to Beastboy, giving him a death glare and he finally let go of me.

I started to walk out, but before I did, I had something to say to Robin.

"You want to be a good leader? Tell him to stay away from me." I pointed to Beastboy.

He opened his mouth to say something, but immediately shut it and his ears dropped, looking down at the floor.

Before anyone could say anything else, I walked out and headed to the bathroom.

——————————————
Follow my Instagram: tori_ellis577483 or I'll beat you up.

Thanks.