15

It had been a couple days since the incident with Slade.

The days slowly passed by, they felt as if I were trapped in an endless eternity.

I have not eaten anything since Slade's encounter, I didn't feel like it.

I didn't feel as if I deserved a crumb of moldy bread that had been left on the side of the road for the wildlife to eat.

I deserved nothing.

Yeah, nothing.

I got up from my bed, bags hanging under my eyes and I could feel the redness of them without a mirror for proof.

I had no desire to look in the mirror and see what kind of monster I had become over the last few days...

The last few weeks...

The last few months...

I walked up the stairs that led to the roof of the tower.

It was night, and the chilling air felt as if cold hands caressed my sore muscles, waking them up from their slumber.

The moon was bright in the sky, lighting up my pale skin.

The stars decorated the sky around the moon, almost too beautiful for the human eye.

I felt a single tear drop down my face, and I heard the ever so slight sound of it dropping on the floor.

I walked slowly to the edge, taking deep breaths.

I thought about it, meditated on it even in these past few days.

I don't see any purpose of me here.

There isn't a purpose of me here.

I tried to romanticize so many ideas of what I could possibly be in use of, but I was blinded to it.

I looked down, and I choked out a sob.

I wrapped my arms around myself, trying to make my body more comfortable in my last moments.

My mind shot to Starfire, she wouldn't care.

Yeah, she may shed a tear or two, but I'll just be pushed to the back of her brain within months.

Robin, well he would have a huge weight lifted off of his shoulders.

Nothing having to worry about the anorexic freak that lived under the same roof as him.

Cyborg and Beastboy, they would simply shrug and go back to playing their video games.

I smiled, thinking about them actually.

They were amazing to me, and I didn't deserve it.

They didn't deserve me.

They don't deserve me.

They deserve so much more.

More than I could ever give them.

And, with that, I took my leap of faith, putting every ounce of hope I had in this jump to make sure I would hit the ground just right.

As I was falling, I was prepared for it.

I was prepared for my death.

My blood must have rushed to my head before I hit the bottom, because everything in my vision had turned dark.

The last thing I remember feeling, was talon like claws sink themselves into my shoulders.