10

I finally forced myself to move to the couch.

I didn't want to go into my room, I didn't want to over think things.

My stomach growled, and I put my hand over it.

I sighed, realizing I couldn't eat today.

I rested my head on the armrest, and I must have dozed off because when I opened my eyes, Beastboy was sitting on the opposite side of the couch.

He was playing one of his video games, I obviously didn't know the name of it.

I sat up, grabbing my head, realizing I moved a little too quickly.

"You okay?" he asked gently, but he didn't take his eyes off of the screen.

I nodded, feeling a tad bit dizzy.

The music of the game made my head hurt more.

"Could the music be a little louder?" I asked angrily.

He grabbed the remote and turned down the volume.

"Sorry," he apologized. "Is that better?"

"Yes." I took my fingers and rubbed my temples as my head began feel a little better.

There was a few moments of silence before he spoke again.

"I was going to go to the store later today. Any requests?" he asked as gently as before.

I thought for a moment, I guess I was running low on my lavender essential oils.

"Lavender essential oil." I mumbled, my head feeling like it's about to fall off, and my stomach acid felt as if it was devouring itself.

"No medicine or anything? You've been sick." he turned his game off and began to get up.

I shook my head no.

I realized how dry my mouth was, and I went to get up.

It felt like I was walking on air, and everything looked as if it were tilting to the left.

I gripped on the counter tops for support as I put my cup under the faucet.

I started to think about how much more of this I can take.

I'm tired of feeling this way.

Sick, tired, in pain...

Just to make myself look better.

I felt my eyes tear up, thinking about feeling this way forever.

My thoughts were broken as I felt someone grab my wrist.

I looked down, and the water in the cup was running over the sides.

I looked up, still tears in my eyes, and saw Beastboy trying as gently as he could, prying the glass from my fingers.

"What happened?" he asked as he took a paper towel and wiped the sides of the glass off.

"I don't know." I said quietly, wiping my eyes.

"Rae," he grabbed the cup and handed it back to me. "Are you sure you're okay? I promise, I will get you anything you need."

I shook my head, and placed the cup to my lips, downing the whole glass.

"I'm fine." I gasped for air as I sat the glass down on the counter top.

He left it there, not trying to push me any further.

I laid back on the couch, and passed out.