14

"Do you see him?" Beastboy asked me as we searched through the dark streets.

"If I saw him, don't you think I would have said something already?" I snapped, trying to keep him quiet.

We were searching for Slade , and we were informed that he was in the alley ways, but we didn't have a clue where.

"Okay..." Beastboy said after a few moments of silence. "I think he forgot about that he was doing, because I don't see-"

His sentence was cut off by him getting knocked on his back.

"Beastboy!" I ran to his side, and he only looked at me with tired, glazed eyes.

"Well," I heard someone say, and I turned my head around to see Slade. "This is going to be easier than I thought."

I got up, and surrounded my hands in my dark magic, clenching my teeth.

"Azarath Metrion Zinthos!" I shouted, trying to get a direct hit on him, but he seemed to dodge it effortlessly.

"You look at little worn out I would say," he began. "Anything on your mind you wish to talk about?"

He struck at me, but I shielded it.

"Oh, do I have to remind you? About your little habits?" he asked with a evil smirk tugging in the corners of his mouth, I could sense it through his mask.

My heart dropped to my stomach, and my knees felt more weak than ever.

"I don't know that you're talking about." my fists clenched and felt sweat dripping down my forehead.

"Oh, is that right my dear?" he said. "Well, I can guarantee when the jokester wakes up, he'll find out about it. He's noticed something wrong with you lately."

"You sick asshole." I tried to strike him again, but he grabbed my wrist, causing me to yell in pain.

"He'll laugh when he finds out," he whispered. "He'll laugh, and laugh, and he'll think you're a freak. Well, everyone that lives in that damn tower thinks you're a freak."

I felt tears bubble in my eyes as I imagined Beastboy's face, a grin from ear to ear.

Laughing at the fact that I starve myself just to make myself feel better.

"Get off of me." I muttered through clenched teeth, trying to yank my wrist away as I felt my emotions starting to pull away from my control.

"They'll all laugh, and you'll-"

"GET OFF!" I shouted, which was followed my a number of windows busting on the countless buildings decorating the streets.

I clenched my eyes shut, trying to gain control,

But all I could see was red...

And images of Beastboy's face while he laughed.

While he mocked me.

My knees felt weak, and I fell backwards, hitting my head on the cold street.

At that moment, I felt my stomach growl. 

I cursed it.

I cursed everything around me.

"Raven?" I heard, the word sounded so foreign yet so familiar at the same time as I was about out of consciousness.

I felt a hand lift my head off of the ground, I had no idea how long I had been laying there, but it must have been awhile, because there were countless people on the streets, crowding around me.

"Give her some space!" I heard a paramedic call, which it made my head hurt.

"Hey Rae," I heard Beastboy softly call, then I realized he had been the one to lift my face from the concrete. I looked at him, and a single tear slid down my face. "Can you move?"

I made no effort to move from my spot, I just sat there, looking at him.

He looked slightly confused, before a paramedic came and began to search my head for bumps and scratches.

I barely even felt the contact, I just felt numb.

Numb on the inside, as well as on the outside.

The word Freak was ringing through my ears.

I looked out, and before I slipped into unconsciousness, the last thing I saw was the faces of the terrified civilians.

The civilians that were supposed to look up to me.