EIGHT. ARCHER

( MAY 18 )

"i can't believe you're forcing me to do this." archer whined, flopping back on the sofa so her head was rested in abs' lap. the boy let out a laugh, plucking archer's phone from her hand and reading the screen. "wow, twenty seven drafts?" the curly haired boy exhaled, swiping through each of them that basically read the exact same. "and i can't post any of them!" the girl sighed once again, exasperated. "you are so overthinking this one." abs handed archer back her phone before pulling the blanket off his legs and standing up, so archer's head slipped off his legs and onto the sofa. "come on, it's one in the morning. leave it for tomorrow." archer nodded, holding her hand out so abs grabbed it and hauled the girl up. "let's go to bed." "okay. but you're sleeping on the air bed." archer insisted, causing the boy to laugh. "when do i not?" "most of the time, surprisingly." the girl raised her eyebrows as she followed her best friend upstairs. "especially when there's a storm outside, you are so afraid of thunder it's hilarious." "do you want me to help you write this goddamn tweet or not?" abs quipped back, earning an eye roll from archer. "shut up and go to sleep."

the next morning, abs headed home early, having to help his mother take care of his baby brother. so, not wanting to be alone with her thoughts, archer rung up hope, teagan and sophie. soph was on a date, having already met her soulmate, a girl called gracie, but sure enough, the girl met with teagan and hope in the town centre. "you tweeted him yet?" teags asked as soon as she saw archer, and the girl shook her head with a sigh. "come on, arch!" hope exclaimed loudly, punching the girl's arm playfully. "just do it already, stop being a coward." "i tried," archer insisted, taking a seat on one of the wooden benches seated in the square. "i wrote like twenty seven drafts! not one of them was suitable to post. even abs said so." teagan tutted lightly, swinging an arm around her friends' shoulder. "well, me and hopey will help you write one that's going to make wyatt fall in love with you instantly." "he shouldn't need to." the blonde girl chimed in. "if he really is your soulmate, it'll happen." "and if not, you can get with abs." teagan suggested, earning an eye roll from archer. "i am not getting with abs!"