TEN. ARCHER

( JUNE 21 )

early sunday morning, archer climbed out of her mom's car, smiling at the woman. "meet round the back in half an hour?" the girl's mother nodded, waving goodbye to her daughter before driving to the back of the airport to wait for where archer and wyatt would be meeting her. the dark haired girl would by lying if she said she wasn't nervous. her heart was in her throat each time the automated call system reported something new about the incoming flight from los angeles. it all seemed so surreal to her, and she didn't know which part was stranger. the fact that she was meeting wyatt oleff, the fact that she was meeting her soulmate, or the fact that her soulmate was wyatt oleff. sure, the pair had spoken an awful lot over the past month or so, and were definitely friends, if not more so. but the idea of meeting him in person scared archer. she wasn't so good at keeping her cool without a screen to hide behind.

archer's foot tapped nervously against the cool marble-patterned floor of the airport floor. wyatt's flight had landed fifteen minutes ago, and the boy would probably be collecting his bags right about now. opening her phone to a few texts from her friends, archer tried to drown out the nerves she was feeling at meeting wyatt. what if the two didn't get along? what if he didn't feel for her romantically? what if the pair just couldn't be with each other so archer ended up without a soulmate for the rest of her life? the thoughts scared archer more than she liked to admit, but she didn't have forever to dwell on them as the doors from the baggage claim area opened up and people began to spill into the main lobby of the airport. the dark haired girl kept her eyes trained on the swinging glass, watching as families were reunited and friends saw each other either again or for the first time. her eyes remained alert, waiting for that familiar mop of curly hair to pass through; and it did, amongst dozens of others who archer didn't know. their eyes met instantly, despite the crowd, and wyatt smiled.

"hey," the girl breathed, her nerves causing her foot to bounce up and down, the rubber sole of her trainer creating an irritating squeak on the polished floor. "hey," wyatt grinned back, and it didn't ease archer in any way to see that wyatt didn't look nervous. the boy still had his commonplace confident grin plastered across his face, and archer began to notice that she wasn't the only person with her eyes trained on him. "we should go," archer rushed, seeing the telltale signs of camera flashes in the corner of her eye, and wyatt nodded. "yeah, we probably should." "my mom's parked over here—" archer started, before her hand, which had frayed uncomfortably by her side before was taken into wyatt's grasp. "lead the way," wyatt smiled, seeming so nonchalant about holding the girl's hand, whilst archer was panicking, just knowing her palm was already clammy. yet she said nothing, and simply lead wyatt out to where her mom was parked, her cheeks bright red.