ONE. WYATT

( JUNE 21 )

wyatt's flight landed surprisingly on time, and the boy readied himself to exit the plane. throughout the whole flight, he hadn't got any sleep, which was very unlike him, but his nerves and overactive mind prevented him. the boy would definitely be lying if he said he wasn't excited to meet archer, because he was. he'd heard about the concept of soulmates all his life from his parents, and then from his peers as they all began to turn sixteen, and quite honestly, the idea excited him. the idea that there was someone out there who would love him endlessly, who he would love with just the same amount of force. someone out there that the universe had designed specifically for him. someone perfect.

wyatt would never admit it out loud, especially not to the girl herself, but archer was perfect. at least, perfect for him, and that perfect he had been searching for his whole life. in all honesty, he had expected it to take longer— he knew his parents hadn't found each other until they were in their twenties, and wyatt was still only sixteen. many of his older friends, like chosen and sophia, still hadn't found their soulmates, but it eased wyatt's mind knowing that he had, because it meant he actually had someone. the boy had heard cases of people never finding their soulmates, which scared him, but not as much as the concept of him finding his soulmate and it not working out. there were millions of cases like that, such as jaeden's parents, and that worried wyatt. he didn't want things to not work out with him and archer. he actually really liked her.

wyatt spotted archer as soon as he stepped through the glass doors and into the main of the airport. he noticed the dark haired girl's tapping feet and let out a small laugh, followed by a large grin as he made his way over to her. "hey," archer smiled smally, and wyatt returned the greeting, hiding his anxiety behind a large smile. the pair just stared at each other for a moment, seemingly unable to believe that they were really standing in front of each other. "we should go," the girl finally stumbled, breaking the silence as wyatt began to notice fans surrounding the two, taking unwanted photos. "yeah, we probably should." wyatt agreed. "my mom's parked over here—" the girl started, but before she could head in that direction, wyatt steeled his nerves and grabbed her hand in his own with a confident grin. "lead the way," the boy smiled, and so archer did.