NINE. WYATT

( JULY 21 )

as wyatt walked angrily through the night air, he felt his heart wrench in his chest. he had been planning to go see archer, to apologise for his mistakes, and it had been jaeden who had told him not to go. his best friend had lied to him, also he could go on a supposed date with wyatt's ex— no, wyatt's soulmate. a newfound rage filled him the more he thought about it; about the fact all this closest friends had conspired against him, and wyatt began to doubt whether he even wanted archer back, if she would lie to him like this and turn all his friends against him.

arriving at the large la home where cassy sakura lived, wyatt took a deep breath before knocking twice on the door. the latina girl was quick to open it, with a large smile on her face which made wyatt sick to the stomach, though he didn't show it. "what brings you here?" cassy questioned, one eyebrow raised. "get mad at archer again? i wonder what for." the short girl smirked, causing wyatt to roll his eyes. "i'm here for my jacket, cassy," he stated simply, causing the girl to sigh melodramatically in realisation. "oh, of course. i was wondering when you'd want that back. let me just go get that."

the dark haired girl dashed back up the stairs with a smirk on her face to retrieve the jacket as wyatt hovered awkwardly in the hallway by the door. when she came back down, the jacket in hand, cassy didn't hand it to him straight away, she instead said, "come on, let me walk you out." not like he had much choice, wyatt reluctantly agreed, following cassy out the house and back into the night air, his blood still boiling. cassy continued to talk in his ear, though he wasn't listening much until the name archer was mentioned. "i can't believe she'd do that to you," "huh?" wyatt questioned, his attention now on the girl. "you know, get mad at you for our little mistake and then go on a date with your best friend of all people." "we're not together now," wyatt said through gritted teeth. "but, she's still your soulmate, right. but hey, fuck that. who wants a soulmate who turns your friends against you."

whether this was the fault of the universe, or of wyatt, having him let the fact slip his mind, it just so happened that cassy happened to live next door to none other than jaeden martell. as jaeden stepped out of his house alongside a certain black haired girl, there was nothing more that could be done; the universe had paved the way for what was about to occur. taking an evening walk, jaeden and archer happened to catch sight of a boy they instantly recognised as wyatt, absorbing whatever the person next to him was saying.

"hey, jae, is that wyatt?" archer whispered, gesturing across the street. "what's he doing here?" before jaeden had time to answer, archer was speaking once again. "oh, god, should i go speak to him? i should go speak to him, jae." just as the girl turned around to head towards her soulmate, her brown eyes caught sight of the other figure leaning up and pressing her lips against wyatt's, and the boy kissed back. "oh, shit," jaeden gasped, noticing in the moonlight as archer's eyes welled with tears. stricken with pain, archer stumbled back, bumping into a trash can and causing wyatt and the other figure to separate and look around, suddenly alert.

wyatt's heart dropped into his stomach at the sight of wyatt and jaeden having watched what went down. he'd done it again. let cassy's words twist his mind and fill his rage. and now he'd really fucked it. the last thing archer saw before she sprinted back into the martell house, eyes fresh with tears was wyatt, hurrying forward, and cassy's smug face as she dropped wyatt's jacket onto the floor and headed back home. "wy, don't," jaeden insisted as wyatt came close, attempting to follow archer. "jaeden, you don't understand, i have to." "you've done enough," a voice came from the doorway, and abs emerged, a cold stare on his face. "it's over, wyatt." abs stated, and jaeden nodded alongside him. "it's done."