NINE. ARCHER

( JUNE 30 )

on the morning of june thirtieth, archer woke in a pretty low mood. sure, the sun was shining and she had great plans with all her friends for that day, but it was also wyatt's last day with her in west virginia. the next morning, wyatt would be catching his flight back to la, and then archer wouldn't be seeing him again for quite some time. there was a good two thousand miles between where the pair lived, not to mention the fact that wyatt was busy a lot of the time with his successful acting career. however, archer tried to remain optimistic. they still had that day.

"wake up, dumbass." archer joked, knocking on the door of the bedroom wyatt was sleeping in. when she heard a groan from inside, indicating that wyatt was awake, she pushed the door open and entered the room. sure enough, wyatt was just surfacing into consciousness, rolling around on his bed unhappily. "i can't believe you're making me wake up this early," the curly haired boy groaned, and archer just laughed, grabbing the corners of the duvet and tugging so that wyatt was exposed to the cool morning air.

"i could have been naked under there," wyatt scowled, his hands grasping in an attempt to get the duvet back, but archer just rolled her eyes. "yes, but you aren't. you're wearing boxers. now put something else on. we're meeting the others in an hour." wyatt groaned once again as archer left the room, and the girl grinned smally to herself. "oh, and i'm in the bathroom first!" she called back through the closed door before quickly dashing into the bathroom and locking the door, heading wyatt's frustrated exclamation of "hey!"

after readying themselves, archer and wyatt first headed next door to pick up abs. the boy came to the door hurriedly with a large smile on his face as he greeted the two. "morning, lovebirds," the taller boy grinned, and archer punched his arm lightly whilst wyatt responded with "morning, archibald." the trio then set off on their relatively short walk towards the summit bechtel reserve, where they would be meeting sophie, teagan, hope and gracie for an all day picnic, swim and bonfire.