THREE. WYATT

( JULY 14 )

once archer hung up the phone, wyatt was quick to ring jaeden. his heart was racing and his eyes were stinging with tears. after only one dial, the older boy picked up, his voice already dripping with sympathy. "did you tell her?" "yeah.." wyatt responded, his voice shaky. "how could i do this, jae? how could i be such a shitty fucking person?" the curly haired boy cried out, not really expecting an answer. he heard jaeden breathing heavily on the other side of the phone before the boy responded with, "i'm coming over, wy. don't do anything stupid." wyatt hung up the call.

it was only another fifteen minutes before jaeden pulled up outside the oleff house, throwing a small smile to his best friend. it was clear to jae that in the fifteen minutes since his phone call with wyatt, the boy had been crying. his eyes were puffy, though they weren't full of self-pity. they were full of regret and self hate. "s-she was really hurt, jae," wyatt spoke as the pair sat down on his bed. "rightly so, too. she— she didn't say it, b-but i could tell." "what did she say?" jaeden questioned, and wyatt let out a pained sigh as he recalled his phone call with archer just twenty minutes ago. "she sounded like she didn't want to believe it. and she told me— she told me she needed some time."

"that's understandable, wy," jaeden nodded, patting his best friend on his back lightly. "sure, what you did wasn't great, but you did the right thing by telling her." "i just hope she can forgive me," wyatt muttered, fresh tears brimming in his eyes. "and i hope i can get my fucking jacket back from cassy." "chosen and finn are on it," jaeden told wyatt, who looked up at him, his brown eyes damp and wide. "you told them?" "word got around after the party. apparently cassy wasn't quiet about you and her," jaeden responded. "fucking bitch," wyatt cussed lowly, though he knew he couldn't really blame cassy. he could only blame himself.