Chapter 3

I woke up to someone holding me down, I tried to move,
I heard a woman say" His heart rate is increasing."
I groaned" Where am I?"
" Sioux Falls General."
" No, no... Where's my brother?"
" He's going for an MRI."
" My other one?"
" Having his leg snapped into place."
" I gotta go."
" You're not going anywhere, sir. With the damage to your back and arms." I felt an IV be put in, then liquid through it, I felt dizzy,
" No... I-" I fell asleep.

I woke up, in a hospital room, I sat up, Hissing in pain, I looked at my arm, IV, I pulled it out, and tried to stand up. I fell, shit! Morphine.... someone came in, I saw Bobby, I moved water and pulled myself up,
He said" Ambulance dock. Now. I've gotta get your brother."
I said" On it." He walked out, I changed into clothes he left on the bed, I got up, walking out. Everything was a little disorienting, I took a deep breathe and continued to move. I water-ported,

I landed in the ambulance, Bobby looked at me,
I said" Oh, that sucked." I closed my eyes, leaning back, covering my eyes with my arm.
I heard Dean say" Go, go, go, go." Bobby took off.
——
It's been three weeks since the whole hospital thing, We've been coped up in a cabin. Bobby came in,
Dean said" Dude... Ricardo."
Bobby said" What happened?"
" Suicidio." Sam and I scoffed, shaking our heads,
" Adiós, Ese. Well, this ought to cheer you up."
" My baby! Now I just got to get this stupid thing off and I can drive again."
Sam said" So how is it out there?"
Bobby said" Weird with a side order of bloody. Talked to a few hunters. They're running into the same kind of thing that set up shop at that hospital."
Dean said" Yeah, and don't forget tried to kill us at your place."
" Well, consensus is they're, um, they're like shapeshifters only a lot more into eating folk. And nothing can kill 'em."
" Good times. Anything else?"
" Yep. They bleed black goo."
Sam said" Like that stuff that came out of Cas- those things from Purgatory. Uh... Leviathan."
" Yep."
Dean said" What about those chompers that you and the Sheriff saw at the hospital? They still making spleen burgers?"
" Yeah, made some calls. That doctor never showed back up to work, ditto a nurse and some administrator. They left. So they could be at any hospital in america."
" What do you think, Sammy? Sammy? Sam. Hey, ground control! Sam."
Sam said" Yeah. What? I'm-I'm right here."
" You okay?"
" Yeah. I'm fine."
Bobby said" Good. Every last bit of info I ever had burned down, so..."
Dean said" What about this place? Rufus leave anything? Did you check the basement?"
" C-rations and dust. I don't think he'd been here in years. So, I got to go round up my old library."
Sam said" I thought you said most of those books were one of a kind."
" Yeah, that's why I stashed copies all over the place."
Dean said" Okay, good. Uh... hey, uh, two-legs. We're fresh out of grub. Want to make a run?"
Sam said" Sure, yeah."
" Be careful with her, would you? And, uh, Sam?"
" Yeah?"
" Pie."
" Obviously."
" Keir, with him."
I stood up, walking out the door, Sam got into the car, I water-ported into the car, I grimaced in pain. Sam looked at me,
I said" Shut up."
Sam said" I didn't even-"
" Shut up."
" So, you're getting better?"
" If I said yes, would you shut up?"
" Probably not."
" Then no."
" Wanna talk-"
" Look, Sam, I was good... I was stable, and now I'm itching for every single urge I've had."
" Your pills."
" My pills, and I'm almost out. And it hurts to water-port to the damn car, a few feet... what do you think it'll feel like water-porting to the nearest pharmacy and back?"
" Terrible."
" Yep... I can feel the energy inside me balling up and exploding and it hurts, really, really bad."
" Maybe Dean could-"
" No, okay? Just... I'll handle it myself. If I can just get strong enough to contain it, I'll be fine."
" Okay."

Once we got to the store, Sam went in, I looked out the window, then after a few minutes, he walked out. He got into the car, I grabbed my bag of stuff, the I saw cake.
I said" Oh, dude..."
He said" They're basically the same thing, right?"
" Okay."
——
Once we walked into the cabin, Sam put the bag on the table,
Dean said" Ah, thank you."
Sam said" Yep. Where's Bobby? He take off?"
" Yeah. Hey, Sam, how you doing?"
" Fine."
" I mean, you still, you know..."
" Yeah, no, I-I know what you mean. Yeah, I'm-I'm still seeing crap that's not real. But, yeah, I'm fine. I mean, I can tell the difference."
" Think it's getting better?"
" Honestly? Uh... I don't know, I just know I'm managing it, so... so don't worry."
" Where's the pie?"
" I got cake. It's close enough, right?" Dean stared at Sam,
I said" Told ya so." I laughed, grabbing a can of tuna and a spoon, I smiled at him then sat down.
——
Sam was gone when I woke up, I'm gonna kick his ass for leaving without telling me. I rolled my eyes, then walked out, there's a lake a few miles into the woods.
I got to the lake, pulling on swim shorts and jumping in, I sank to the bottom, closing my eyes.

I pulled out of the water, to my phone ringing, I grabbed it,
Dean said" Get here now, or you're staying."
I said" Give me like 10 minutes."
" Now!" I groaned, hanging up, I grabbed my bag, running through the woods.
Once I got to the cabin, I got into the car Dean was in,
I said" You didn't?!"
He said" I did! Sam ran off. We've gotta go get him."
" Fine, fine." He threw a towel at me as he started driving, I started drying off my hair.

Dean went into the store, once he came out, he was holding a newspaper,
I said" So, where is he?" Dean was not happy, oh, god, why'd Sam leave me with this idiot.
——
Dean was on the phone with Bobby,
Dean said" A Kitsune. It's pretty rare. Dad and I hunted one back in '98. Yeah, didnt make our highlight reel.-" I stopped listening, leaning back and closing my eyes, falling asleep.

We found where Sam was staying, and we were waiting,
I said" Dude, just don't kill him, okay?" He grumbled, I rolled my eyes, I swear he acts like a kid when he's mad.
Sam opened the door and Dean decked him hard,
Dean said" Howdy, Sam."

Dean said" New rule- you steal my baby, you get punched. The hell were you thinking, Sam, running off like that? I mean, for all I know, Satan could have been callin' your plays."
Sam said" Dean, look, how many times do I have to tell you? I'm fine."
" Oh, yeah, no, you're a poster boy for mental health. You have any idea the kind of horror shows I had going on in my head?!"
" Dean, I left you a note. There was a job in town."
" A kitsune. Yeah, yeah. No, I know. And you ignore Bobby and I's phone calls why, exactly?"
" Because I wanted to take care of it. And I did. I took care of it."
" Really?"
" Yes."
" Where's the body?"
" There is no body."
" Why not?"
" Because I let her go. She's gone."
" You what? Why?" Sam started explaining why...
Once he was done,
Dean said" You never told me that."
Sam said" I never told anyone. I mean, can you imagine what dad would have done?"
" So you saw the article in the newspaper, and you just bolted."
" It was my mess."
" And you call letting her go cleaning it up?"
" She killed her own mom, Dean, to save me."
" I hear you, Sam. I do. But look at her now. She's dropping bodies, man... which means we got to drop her, no matter how many merit badges she racked up when she was a kid. I'm sorry, but it's that simple."
" Nothing in our lives are simple."
" Look, man, I get it, okay? You meet a girl, you feel that spark- there's nothing better. But this freak?" I dropped my head," I didn't mean-"
" Yeah, you did. Look, I see the way you look at me, Dean, like I'm a grenade and you're waiting for me to go off."
" Sam-"
" I'm not going off. Look, I might be a freak, but that's not the same as dangerous."
" I didn't say-"
" It's okay. Say it. I've spent a lot of my life trying to be normal, but come on. I'm not normal. Look at all the crap I've done. Look at me now. I'm a grade-A freak. But I'm managing it. And so is Amy."
" Is she? How?"
" She works at a damn funeral home so she doesn't have to kill anyone, Dean. She's figured out how to deal."
" Okay, well, then explain the bodies."
" She's done. Her friggin' kid was dying, Dean. Put you or me in her position, we'd probably do the same thing. Look, you don't trust her. Fine. Trust me." Dean stared at him," Dean, please."
" Okay."
" Seriously?"
" Got to start sometime, right?"
——
Sam and I walked out of Bigerson's,
Dean said" That was Bobby. We'll hole up in Spokane tonight. We'll meet him tomorrow. Why don't you drive?" He threw Sam the keys,
Sam said" You gonna punch me again?" Dean walked to the door and got in,
I said" I should, asshole."
" Sorry."
" Yeah, definitely should be." I got into the back, Sam got in and he started driving.

We pulled up to a motel,
Dean said" Hey, why don't, uh- why don't you check us in? I got to hit the candy store." He rattled his pill bottle," Doctor's orders." We got out and walked inside, I yawned, rubbing my eyes.