Chapter 14

Garth called in the favor Dean owes him.
I water-ported into the morgue once I could sense the doctor was away, I became half visible.
Dean said" Uh, so, invisible ghost werewolf?"
Garth said" Why'd you think I called for backup?"
Sam said" Hey. Either of you ever heard of thighslapper ale?"
" Is that a stripper or a beverage?"
Dean and I said" Beverage for douchebags."
Sam said" Uh, number one microbrew in the pacific northwest."
Garth said" But we're in Kansas."
Dean said" Yeah, I rest my case. What's your point?"
Sam said" The owner is the dad to the dead brothers."
Garth said" Right. I'll can the uniform, go fed. See you at the brewery in 40." He walked out,
Dean said" He grows on you."
I said" Yeah, like an annoying small fungus."

We were in a motel room,
Dean said" There's a million things with claws that go bump in the night. Once you throw in invisible, the number goes down. Afternoon delights? Really, Garth? Don't you think this place is a little, uh..."
Garth said" Uh, you want a nice hot tub after a day at the office. It's the little things. I feel sad for those brewery dudes. Spend your life beautifying the world through beer. First a partner offs himself. Now two kids get ganked by unknown freakadeek."
Sam said" According to this, Dale wasn't just a partner. He was also the brewmaster."
Dean said" Brewmaster?"
" He was widely considered a genius."
" All right, that's it. No microbrew is worth... what was it- eight Food magazine awards? Beer's not food. It's... whatever water is." Dean handed Sam and I bottles," Hmm. Thighslapper." I raised my head slightly and my bottle cap landed in my hand. I took a swig," Wow, that's actually awesome. Damn it, I'm not even mad anymore." Then we looked at Garth as he chugged the entire bottle." Wow. Party on, Garth."
Garth said" I don't even usually drink beer. It messes with my depth perception." He belched," Especially when I skinny-dip. Hey, you guys want to hear joke?"
Sam said" Listen to this. This is something interesting." Then Garth started laughing," Garth, are you drunk?"
" Dude, I just... drank a whole beer. Of course I'm drunk."
Dean said" Something interesting."
Sam said" Right. Uh..."
Garth said" Hey, can I have some more Thighslapper?"
We three said" No."
Dean said" Coffee for you, Tara Reid."
He said" Coffee with Kalhúa in it?" I groaned, dropping my head into my arms,
Sam said" So, it says that Dale actually left the company two weeks before he died. Or... maybe he got pushed out 'cause he didn't want to sell. I mean, Baxter said the deal's been in the works for months."
Dean said" That would explain the widow. She's suing. Maybe Dale had a bone to pick, and he's still picking it."
Garth said" Right. So, maybe he's a spirito malo."
The scanner said" Unit to McAnn residence. 698 Washburn."
Sam said" McAnn residence, as in Jim McAnn?"
Garth said" As in, let's hope for their sake our spirito ain't made it out in the woods. All right. Let's go check it."
" Uh, you two go, we're gonna go visit the widow." Dean gave us a bitch face, we both smiled at him.

Sam and Dean went into the brewery to find a bottle of liquor from Japan, that's somehow cursed or haunted or... I don't. I water-ported in once they were taking too long,
I said" What the hell are you guys doing?"
Dean said" Gotta be drunk to see the monster."
" So, you're getting drunk in an office of a building you just broke into, I hate you guys." Dean held out a glass of clear liquid, I groaned then took it, gulping it down, I coughed.
" Uh-huh."
" Wait, can you even get drunk anymore? You know, it's like taking a vitamin for you."
Sam said" Said the same thing." Dean rolled his eyes at us, I smirked then Dean handed me the glass back. I gulped it down again...
We watched the footage, and there was a spirit,
Sam said" So, he- he let that thing out of the box, and it must have just followed him to the place with all the thingies." I heard someone coming, I turned invisible,
Dean said" Yes. Yes. That's smart. Oh, I'm actually kind of drunk. What is this? Me likey. I miss these talks."
A guy said" What the hell?!"
" Oh, man. Turn it off. Turn it off."
" FBI, huh? You know what? You can save it for the cops."
Sam said" Mr. Baxter, listen. If you just let us explain, you-" Then Garth taser-gunned him, I laughed, smiling.