Chapter 29

A guy just came through the motel closet,
He said" Which of you is John Winchester?" I looked at my brothers, the guy stood up," Please, time is of the essence! Which of you is John Winchester?"
Sam said" Uh, neither."
" That's impossible. That's absolutely... what did I do wrong?" I looked at Sam, flashing my eyes, he shook his head slightly.
Dean said" Who the hell are you, mister?"
" Not now. I'm thinking." Dean pinned him to the wall," Please. I can assure you there's no need for violence. One of you must know John Winchester."
Sam said" I'll tell you what- when one of us falls out of your closet, then you can ask the questions."
" Yes, my apologies. Is it absolutely essential, sir, that you keep your hands on me?" Dean took his hands off," Thank you. Gentlemen, in the absence of any and all other explanations, I'm afraid this has been a marvelous, tragic misunderstanding. I'll be on my way." He tried to walk out, Sam and Dean followed,
Sam said" That's not happening."
" There are things of grave importance. I do not have time to deal with the likes of you."
Dean said" You're not going anywhere, 007... till we get some answers." Then they were handcuffed to the chair, the guy ran out," How did he do that? You got to be kidding me!" They started struggling,
I said" Guys." They didn't listen to me, I hate them," Guys!" I hit them with water, they stopped moving," Finally! Stay still, or you might get hurt." They froze, I smirked then moved water and wrapped it around the cuffs, I added pressure and they snapped off. We ran out the door and the guy was trying to jack Dean's car, wrong move man, wrong move.
Dean said" Nice taste in wheels."
The guy said" Yours, I presume?"

They tested him,
He said" And there with the holy water."
Sam said" He's clean."
" I could have told you that."
Dean said" Yeah, well, you can start by telling us everything before I beat it out of you."
" I'm quite certain this is all beyond your understanding, my alpha-male-monkey friend. And violence will not help you comprehend this any easier."
" Let me tell you what I understand! Some asshat pops out of my closet asking about my dad, smashes up my ride. So why am I not getting violent, again?"
" John Winchester is your father?" Then the room started shaking, I hissed," What is that? Oh, my god."
" What?"
" Run!" The closet door opened and a woman came out, scratch woman... a demon." My face shifted,
The demon said" Henry. Silly man, you forgot to lock the door. But then spells never were your best subject, were they? Why don't you be a doll and give me what I want? And I promise to kill you and your friends here quickly."
" You know I can't do that."
" You're not a fighter, Henry." Then I was demon-thrown, I hit the wall, that usually doesn't work with low-class demons... who in hell are we dealing with?! Then Dean stabbed her with the knife, but she didn't die," Well, that is no way to treat a lady." I water-ported to Sam, grabbing his shoulder and water-porting us to the door, we ran out, as I started coughing. We got into the car, and Dean sped off as fast as we could.

We reached a safe spot, the guy, Henry, got out and hurled,
Sam said" Are you okay?"
He said" Yes, I will be." He puked again," It's just all the adventures I enjoy are usually of the literary nature."
Dean said" Yeah, well, now that you're done blowing chunks, you want to tell us who Betty Crocker was?"
" Abbadon. She's a demon."
Sam said" No kidding. Where'd she come from?"
Dean and I said" Where'd you come from?"
He said" She's from hell. I'm from Normal, Illinois- 1958."
" Yeah, right. Seriously?" I groaned, dropping my head,
Dean said" Dude's time traveling through motel-room closets? That's what we've come to?"
The guy said" If you could just take me to John, we could clear all this up, I'm sure."
" I've told you that's not gonna happen."
" Why not?"
" Because he's dead!"
" No."
Sam said" What's it to you?"
" Everything. I'm his father."
——
Sam said" Driver's license says he's Henry Winchester from Normal, Illinois. He knows dad's birthday, the exact place where he was born. Dudes, that's our grandfather."
Dean said" I'm just saying before we break out the warm and toasties, let's not forget that, uh, HG Wells over there left dad high and dry when he was a kid."
" But maybe he didn't run out on dad- I mean, not on purpose. Maybe he time travelled here and, I don't know, got stuck."
" Yeah, well, either way, dad hated the son of a bitch."
" And dad made up for that how? By being father of the year?" They got the trays,
" Look, dad had his issues, okay, but he was always there for us. I freaking hate time-travel, man."
I said" And I hate issues that include you two and your family, can I please go?"
They both said" No."
" I hate you both, so much." We walked to the table, sitting down, I rolled my eyes and grabbed my fish sandwich.
Sam said" How you doing?"
Henry said" I'll be fine. After all, despite everything, I've just met my grandsons, haven't I? Henry Winchester." Sam and him shook hands," It's a pleasure."
" Sam."
" Hello, Sam."
Dean said" Dinner." I'm too sober for this right now, I bit my lip,
Sam said" This is Dean, and Keir."
Henry said" Right."
Dean said" Well, this has been touching. How about we figure out how to clean up your mess, huh?"
" Abbadon. Yes. She must be stopped."
" And how come she didn't die when I stabbed her?"
" Because demons can't be killed by run of the mill cutlery. At the very least, you'd need an ancient demon-killing knife of the kurds." Dean showed the handle,
" That's what this is."
" Where'd you get that?"
" Demon gave it to me. We've been around this block so many times."
Sam said" Now, that portal or whatever it was you came through- is it still open?"
Henry said" I highly doubt it. Why?"
" I'm just thinking if we can't kill this Abbadon..."
Dean said" Maybe we can shove her back where she came from. How did you do it?"
Henry said" It's a blood sigil. Blood leads to blood. Or their next of kin."
I said" But Abbadon came through it, also, right? So can you create this blood sigil again?"
" My blood, an angel feather, tears of a dragon, a pinch of the sands of time- I-I would need those and... at least a week for my soul to recharge, but, yes, it's possible."
Sam said" You tapped the power of your soul to get here? I thought only angels could do that."
" You should know this. What level are you three?"
Dean said" What level?"
" Level of knowledge. You're men of letters, correct?"
" I'm a little rusty on my boy bands. Men of what?"
" Men of letters, like your father, who taught you our ways."
Sam said" Our father taught us how to be hunters. And abandoned him on the side of the road."
" You're not? Are you? Hunters? Well, hunters are... hunters are apes. You're supposed to- you're legacies."
Dean said" Legacies of what?"