Chapter 26

Sam mumbled" Key, take the phone. Yeah, yeah.."
I said" I swear, I will electrocute you if you dare hand that phone-" I water-ported to the other side of the car as he tried to give to me. I hissed at him, pouting, rolling my eyes at him as he pouted.
" No, just, uh- just call us whenever you find something. Yeah. Yeah, course." I water-ported to Dean, grabbing a bottle and ran from Sam's reach. I opened the bottle," Right. No, I-I, uh... yeah, hey, you know what? Uh, Dean's here. He really wants to talk to you." Sam held out his phone, Dean took it,
He said" Ms. Tran, yeah, hi, uh..." He hung up, throwing the phone back to Sam," Tunnel. What's going on in Tran-land?"
" Well, uh, Garth finally got them to his houseboat, but Kevin's having a lot of trouble reading their half of the tablet. So far, bits and pieces. Nothing about boarding up hell."
" Garth has a safe-houseboat?"
" Dude, I don't even ask questions anymore."
I said" I just rolled with it."
Dean said" What's the word, Cas?"
Cas said" It's a shortened version of my name."
" Yes, it is. I meant what's the word on the word? Any, uh, tablet chatter on angel radio?"
" Oh, I couldn't say. I turned that off."
Sam said" You can do that?"
" Yeah, it's a simple matter of blocking out certain subsonic frequencies. I could draw you a diagram if you want."
Dean said" No, that's- we're good. Why'd you flip the switch?"
" Because it's a direct link to heaven. And I don't want anything to do with that place- not anymore."
" So what now? Move to Vermont, open up a charming B&B?"
" No. I still want- I still need to help people. So... I'm gonna become a hunter."
I scoffed" Really?"
" Yeah. I could be your third wheel." I laughed, Sam chuckled,
Dean said" You know that's not a good thing, right?"
" Of course it is. A third wheel adds extra grip, greater stability. I even sound a case. Oklahoma city- a man's heart jumped 10 feet out of his chest. It sounds like our kind of thing, right?"
Sam said" He's got a point."
" Excellent. I'll see you there."
Dean said" Wait, Cas, Cas. If you want to play cowboys and bloodsuckers, that's fine. But you're gonna stick with us, okay? None of this zapping around crap. Capiche?"
" Yeah, I capiche."
" All right, then." Dean walked the driver's side,
" Can I, uh, at least ride in the front seat?"
Sam and Dean said" No." I laughed, getting into the backseat,
Dean said" Key, shut up." I flicked my fingers and he got hit with water pellets." You little-" He reached back and hit my arm, I laughed again.
——
I said" You know, abusing your foster kids is pretty damn illegal!" I circled the man," And it's making me pretty damn angry!" I hissed, shifting, I tried to hold it back, but couldn't," You gave a three year old a concussion, does that make you sleep better at night? A three year old!"
He whimpered" I won't do it again, please! Just leave me alone!"
" See... about that, I don't believe you, where's your wife?"
" On a business trip! She doesn't know anything, I swear!"
" The truth?" I compelled him,
" She's on a business trip. I abuse them whenever she leaves the house, they don't say anything because I told them if they did I'd bury them in the backyard."
" Good... now you're gonna call the police, and your wife, and tell them the truth. You will plead guilty and you will be sent to jail. And if I ever hear of you abusing kids again... I won't be so nice. Forget me." I water-ported away,
I got back to my apartment, breathing heavily, I smiled, then rummaged through my stuff. I found a few drugs and took them as the pain seared through me. I fell back onto my bed, staring at the ceiling, shifting back to normal as the drugs took over my nervous system.

Sam, Dean, and Cas walked into the motel room, so two weird deaths occurred, first the guy with the jumping heart. Now a guy who floated for a good 10 seconds before falling to his death.
Cas was watching the cartoons, we were trying to figure out what the hell is doing this.
Cas said" I understand. The bird represents god. And coyote is man, endlessly chasing the divine, yet never able to catch him. It's... it's hilarious."
Dean said" I got no idea what we're hunting. Maybe it's a tulpa. Maybe it's some- some crazy god who watched too much robot chicken. I-I- I mean, is there a link between heartbreak hotel and free fallin'?"
Sam said" Not that I can find."
" All right, well, I'm gonna call it. Cas, you gonna book a room or what?"
Cas said" No, I'll stay here."
" Oh, okay. Yeah. We'll have a slumber party and braid Sam's hair. Where are you gonna sleep?"
" I don't sleep."
" Okay, well, I need my four hours, so..."
" I'll watch over you."
" That's not gonna happen."
" Something's coming across the police band."
Sam said" Wait, you can hear that?"
" It's all waves. A bank has been robbed. It sounds loony."
Dean said" Define loony." They left to go check out the bank robbery, I walked to the bathroom and turned on the water.