Chapter 39

I walked into the map room,
Sam said" A half-drunk beer, jerky, and three peanut-butter cups?"
Dean said" Yeah, we're-we're running a little low. I'll make a run."
Cas said" Dean, I can go with you. Dean. I'm sorry."
" For what?"
" For everything."
" Everything? Like, uh... like ignoring us?"
" Yes."
" Or like bolting off with the angel tablet, then losing it 'cause you didn't trust me. You didn't trust me."
" Yes."
" Yeah. Nah, that's not gonna cut it. Not this time. So you can take your little apology and you cram it up your ass."
" Dean, I thought I was doing the right thing."
" Yeah, you always do."
Sam said" Hey, uh, do we have a room 7B?"

We opened the door,
Sam said" Dude, go easy on Cas, okay? He's one of the good guys."
Dean said" Dude, if anybody else- I mean anybody- pulled that kind of crap, I would stab them in their neck on principle. Why should I give him a free pass?"
" Because it's Cas." They turned on their lights, my eyes glowed.
" What are we supposed to be looking for down here?"
" Um, anything on case 1138. It was a class 5 infernal event- St. Louis, March 8th, 1957."
" Class 5 infernal event?"
" Yeah. See, the Letters have this whole rating system. The Exorcist would have been a class 2."
" All right, so, what makes this puppet show so special?"
" It was weird."
" Weird how?"
" No clue. One of the files just had a note written in the margin about room 7B and the word weird with three exclamation points."
" Good times."
" Yeah. Got it." He crouched down and opened a box, pulling out a file.
" Sammy, Key, check this out." We looked at him as he pulled shelves towards him and they moved apart to show a devil's trap.
I said" Is that a devil's trap?"
" It takes up half the room. These chains- they have spellwork etched into them."
" So we have a dungeon?"
" Finally. What do you got there?" Sam opened the file and pulled out a roll of film,
Sam said" Movie night?"
I said" Oh, man, this is gonna be some found footage shit."
——
We were watching the footage, then we saw Abbadon,
Sam said" Wait, is that Abbadon?"
Dean said" It's not killy enough. It's got to be the, uh, the chick she possessed." We continued watching, and we saw a demon chained down speaking.
" Hey, those chains look exactly like the ones in our dungeon."
Cas said" In your what?"
Dean said" Demon on a leash- cool." Then they exorcised? the demon, and her chest was exploded, the film ended." Well, that was weird... with three exclamation points."
Sam said" That wasn't a normal exorcism. They changed the words."
Cas said" I believe Lustra is latin for wash or cleanse."
Dean said" Oh, yeah, 'cause that was the most freaky thing was the vocabulary. What about the bloody high five or the chest burster? Anything else on the film, like director's commentary, sequel, maybe?"
Sam said" Yeah, listen to this. The older priest, Max Thompson, bit the dust in '58, but the younger one is still alive and still in St. Louis."
" Think this kind of weird is worth the drive?"
" Dean, everything in those folders- the possessions, the deals, all of it- we've seen that before, but that- that was all new. Yeah, it's worth the drive."
" All right. Let's roll. Not you."
Cas said" Sam is more damaged than I am, and Keir is not far behind."
" Yeah, well, you know, even banged up, Sammy comes through."
" Dean, I just want to help."
" We don't need your help. Just stay here and-and get better."
——
Once we got back to the bunker, luckily they've been too busy to figure out what Cas said about me not being too far behind Sam on the damaged scale. Sam and I walked into the library,
Sam said" I can't find Cas anywhere. You think he blew town?"
Dean said" Sounds like him. So it turns out that, uh, Father Thompson recorded all of his demon-cure tests. The one here, this was the last one- two days before he died." Dean handed Sam the record, I sighed, then went to grab the thingy to play it on.

We were listening to the recording, padre was dosing up the possessed.
Dean said" Do we know what Padre was dosing number-one dad up with?"
Sam said" Uh, yeah, his own purified blood."
" Purified how?"
" Before he started, Father Thompson went to confession."
We continued to listen, and damn. After a while, Hour 8, we heard the vic's normal voice...
I said" Did he just... cure a demon?"
Dean said" Maybe. Could we take this hoodoo on a test drive?"
Sam said" Um, I mean, I have to the exorcism right here. All we need is the blood, consecrated ground, and a demon. So, what? We summon a demon, trap it-"
" Or-Or we use on that we've already tagged. Do we still have dad's old army field surgeon's kit?"
" It's in the trunk. Why?"
" Yeah, I think it's time to put Humpty Dumpty back together again." He walked away, I groaned, and put my head on the table. I looked at Sam, then stood up, my eyes flashing as I brought water to steady myself.

Sam said" So you really think this will work?"
Dean said" Dude, we got needles. We got thread. We've seen Young Frankenstein about a thousand times. Yeah, we're golden."
" Ugh." He opened the box with Abbadon's head," This is gonna be disgusting."
" Uh-huh."
Once Sam finished sewing her back together again, she woke up,
She said" Morning, sunshines."
Dean said" It worked. You owe me a beer."
" And I owe you both so, so much. I can't wait to tear out those pretty green eyes."
Sam said" Good luck with that."
I said" We figured kitty didn't need her claws." She looked down and noticed she didn't have hands,
She said" Then I'll stump you to death. It'll be swell."
Sam said" yeah, that's not gonna happen, either. The bullet- remember?"
Dean said" So you sit there like a good little bitch. We're gonna consecrate the ground, and you're gonna get to fessing up."
She said" Oh, I know this tune."
Sam said" I doubt that."
" Father Max Thompson, born October 12th, 1910. Died August 5th, 1958. Who do you think ripped him apart? Word got back to home office that Maxie was messing with things, so we made an example. It wasn't my most artful kill, but it was effective. And bonus- before he died, he told me all about Josie Sands. I found her, and I rode her into the men of letters. And what I did to them, that was art."
" So you know what Max was doing?"
" Fella screamed the basics... but it'll never work."
Dean said" You keep telling yourself that." Sam's phone rang,
Sam said" Crowley."
She said" Crowley? The salesman?"
Dean said" Try the king of hell."
" This is a joke, right? Stay." We walked away from her,

We got outside,
Sam said" Hold on. How'd you get this number?"
Crowley said" Ah, First things first- what are you wearing?"
Dean said" Oh, okay, hanging up now. Hang up."
" Fine. This isn't a social call. I was wondering. You lads been reading the papers, say Denver Times from yesterday? No? Well, you should. It's side-splitting. What the hell- I'm sexting you an address. Check it out. Then we'll talk. Cheerio."
Sam said" Wait, what? Crowley?"
Dean said" Here it is. Vic's name is Tommy Collins. Tommy. Why do I know that name?"
I said" Well, Tommy Collins, we saved him from a Wendigo like forever ago." I walked away from them, and water-ported back inside, I saw Abbadon pulling the demon bullet out of her own mouth. I fully shifted, and attacked her, she reattached her own hands, and she punched her hand into my stomach. I stared at her then she pulled her hand out, I fell, I started coughing up blood. I breathed out heavily. 
I mumbled" Sam? Dean? Sam... brothers... br-brothers..." Then I saw them come in, my body went back to normal, my eyes flickering between human and siren.
Sam said" Key... Dean?!" They ran to me, crashing to their knees, I looked at them,
" B-Brothers... Sam, Dean..."
Dean said" Just hold on! We'll sew you up in minutes." Everything started to blur,
Sam said" Dean..."
" Keir! Just stay awake!"
" Dean!"
" What?!"
" He's not gonna make it."
" He-He always makes it!"
I said" H-H-Hey, I-I'm proud of y-y-you g-guys... y-you've done... you've done- good."
Sam said" Hey! You have to, I'm proud of you, Keir."
Dean said" We're proud of you, little brother."
I mumbled" K-K-Keep g-going... okay? D-D-Don't stop..."

Everything faded to black