Chapter 11

I woke up to my brothers,
Sam said" Wild goose chase?"
Dean said" Yeah."
" Four guys murdered in two weeks, hands and feet cut off."
" Well, some guy with a foot fetish run amuck."
" Grown men thrown so hard they went through walls. Did you- Did you even read the article?"
" No, I was napping."
" Well, anyway... what else you got going on? Dick Roman's a dead end for now. We might as well..."
We all said" Stay busy."
" Exactly."
Dean said" Yeah."
I said" Hey, Dean, body-building kinky guy with a foot fetish." Dean smiled, Sam groaned," I'm sleep deprived and high, don't trust what comes out of my mouth for like the next year." Dean snorted, I smiled, leaning back,
Sam said" Go back to sleep."
" On it, dude." I laid back down, closing my eyes again.
——
Sam walked in,
I said" Hey."
He said" Hey."
" Where's De- Never mind, bar?"
" Yeah, have you seen this symbol before?" I looked at the symbol carved into a vic's chest,
" No... I don't think so."
" Square one, I guess." I shook my head, which made him get hit with water," Dude?!"
" Sorry, sorry, don't get your panties in a twist." He held up a bag," Sam, give it."
" Hmm?" He sat down, grabbing his laptop,
" Sam. Sammy?!" He twitched his lip, staring at the screen," Sam, come on! Do not starve your little brother!"
" I think you'll live."
" Sam! Come on, man, so not cool."
" Huh?"
" I'm seriously sorry." I bit my lip, looking at him, he threw the bag of food to me, I caught it," Totally lying my ass off." I water-ported to the opposite side of the room, sitting down and grabbing the fish sandwich.
——
Sam got back, Dean went over to a one night stand he had, he left Bobby's flask over there.
Sam said" Mm. Hey. Where you are? It's a flask, not the holy grail. No. Not yet. Look, would you get back here? We're due at the crime lab. Dean? Hey, look, why don't you just..." I ignored him, wetting my hair, I shook my head, grabbing an energy drink from my bag. Then I heard him sigh,
I said" Just go it solo, man. He's too busy doing whatever the hell he's doing." He left, heading to the morgue, I sighed and laid down, staring at the ceiling. I let my eyes glow, the energy in my chest balling up, I grabbed my chest, then screeched. I stopped it from hitting the ceiling, I relaxed against the bed, breathing heavily, I'm still healing, but I'm a whole lot better than I was before. Now, I can just fake it, till I'm at full capacity. No concerning my brothers with my problems that I'll handle on my own. They won't know anything other than what I tell them, I hate lying to them but my problems are my problems... I'll handle them my way.

They walked in,
Sam said" So what? I mean, so maybe she has another kid she didn't tell you about."
Dean said" Nope, just the one. Emma. But that night, when I was with her, she didn't have any. And I was at her place, man. There was no playpens, no blankets, no rubber ducks."
" Right. Like you would have been focused on that kind of thing."
" Hey, dude, that's the first thing you notice. Red flags. Then, all of a sudden, boom- baby."
" Yeah, the one you thought talked."
" Oh, it talked. And not baby talk, either." He handed me a beer,
I said" Now you know so much about child development?"
" I know enough to know that they don't say, hey, mom. Who's that guy? So, cut to..." He closed Sam's laptop, sitting down," Lydia's handing this kid who's calling her mommy over to these two women, right? But this is not a baby. No, no, this kid's got to be 5... and same name- Emma."
Sam said" You know, George Foreman named all his sons George."
" Are you deliberately messing with me?" Sam shrugged," Dude, I know weird. Okay? There is no none-weird explanation for this. This morning, Emma was a baby. By sunset, she's Hannah Montana. Early years." Sam's phone rang,
" It's the professor."
" Oh, good. The professor. Yeah. I'm sure he'll crack this wide open."
" Shh!"
——
They left to speak with the professor, I sighed, I looked at my arms, free of white veins... I opened my shirt and saw the white veins traveling to my heart. I hope that's nothing bad, I mean, if it kills me... it kills me. I've got nothing to live for anyways.

Dean said" I know Bobby's got a grecian encyclopedia of weird in here. I saw it last time I was looking through this stupid.." He coughed up some dust," Would it kill him to have a system?"
Sam said" He has a system. His files are set up like his brain."
" You got anything?"
" Uh, yeah. There's this whole crazy side to amazon lore that Professor Morrison didn't even mention."
" That's 'cause he doesn't believe in it, which is a real handicap when you're trying to deal with it."
" Right. Um, apparently, there was this long, bloody war. The amazon population was decimated, so they made a bargain with Harmonia to replenish their ranks and make them stronger."
" Well, I'd say throwing grown men through walls was stronger."
" Yeah. Well, basically, they became more than human. Harmonia turned them into monsters."
" Can you kill them like humans? Or is there some kind of trick?"
" Uh.. doesn't say. No idea. I guess it could go either way."
" Well, that's helpful. What else?"
" The lore says they reproduced quickly- as in, after mating, they gave birth within 36 hours. The babies grew incredibly fast, then the aging process became normal. Which is one way to make an army, I guess. The mating cycle is every two years. They send out all the women who have reached child-bearing age."
" Which lines up, 'cause this happens every couple of years in different towns, right?"
" Yeah. And we know for sure that at least some of the vics hooked up with strange women days before being killed Amazon style."
" Hooked up in the same bar I met Lydia, right?"
" Yeah."
" And then suddenly, she's got a little baby in like fruit-fly time. That baby turns into a little girl just as fast."
" Wow. So maybe you're-"
" Don't say it."
" Look, if that kid's yours-"
" I said don't say it!"
" Fine. I won't. But, Dean... dude, seriously, a one-night stand, you're just gonna... roll the dice? You don't even-"
" Of course not... Sam. What, do you think I'm brain dead? Accidents happen. If one even did, which I-I-I don't think..." Dean did those faces, I looked at Sam, then back to Dean, quickly," No. You know what? Stop. We're not gonna talk about this anymore. Because my skin's starting to crawl!"
" All right, fine. But if it's true, if it happened..."
" I know. I got to hang on to my hands and feet."

Dean said" Looking through Bobby's files is like dumpster diving."
Sam said" Yeah, tell me about it. So, it makes sense why the amazons all want to hook up with decent-looking, successful guys."
" Oh, they're picky about the gene pool?"
" Right. So..."
I said" What was Lydia doing with you?" Dean looked at me and Sam,
He said" Well, she may or may not have thought I was a rich investment banker." Sam and I scoffed, turning to face the board," Sam. Key."
Sam said" Yeah." We turned to him,
" These papers just moved."
" What?"
" I didn't touch them." Sam grabbed the EMF, he turned it on, red lines everywhere... open window, power lines and a breeze.
" It's all over the place. Redline. Redline. Oh, and... Power lines by the open window, where there's a breeze...  that could have moved the papers."
" Did you feel a breeze?"
" It doesn't matter, Dean. The readings are useless."
" Hey. Maybe, uh..." He shook the flask,
" We burned him, Dean."
" So what?"
" So, what are you suggesting?"
" I don't know. What are you?"
" Concentrate on something else."
" Why?"
" Because it's not Bobby!"
" Could be."
" No, it couldn't be."
" Why not?"
" Because we want it to be." He grabbed the piece of paper,
" Maybe it's useful."
" It's in a pile of maybe it's useful. Besides, it's in greek. Nobody reads greek."
" Yeah, except greeks. Oh, and Bobby."
" And Professor Morrison."
" Really?"
" I'm going, Dean. You stay here, keep the door locked. Don't go anywhere. I mean it."
" Fine."

We got to the university, walking into Morrison's office,
He said" Oh, you have got to be kidding. I have office hours tomorrow-"
Sam said" I'm sorry, professor. I need your help." He put the paper in front of the professor,
" The FBI isnt paying me enough for this."
" All right. I'll sweeten the deal. We'll remove your wiretap." The professor looked at him, I rolled my eyes then snapped my fingers. Sam slid back, I slid up, I stared at the professor, trapping him.
I said" You're gonna help us out, professor. Now." My voice distorted, He nodded his head, I blinked, he started looking at the paper. Sam looked at me, eyebrow raised, I smirked, then brought Sam back up to the desk.
He whispered" Oh, we're talking about that."
I whispered" Yeah, yeah, sue me."

The professor said" It's fascinating."
Sam said" What's it say?"
" Oh, I haven't gotten there yet. The paper is handmade." My eyes flickered as I looked at Sam," A cellulose, rather like papyrus, which would explain its durability." Sam held out his hand in front of me, telling me to stay put, I sighed.
" Professor-"
" Wherever did you get it?"
" Uh... a crazy, drunk, old genius."
" Yeah. They always have the good stuff. Well, it's in greek."
" Yeah, yeah. I-I know that."
" Not a common dialect. My god, what is it with you and amazons?"
" Professor, it's important."
" At 11:30 at night, it better be. Oh, here's a new twist. It repeats the conventional lore. Amazon warriors mate with males. The males are murdered. Yada, yada. But according to this... it's not the women who do the killing. Instead, a ritual of initiation requires that the child born of the mating process must kill her own father."
" What?" I looked at Sam, oh, god, we gotta go!
Sam and I were walking out, a woman stopped in front of us,
Sam said" Detective."
She said" Agent. You're here late."
" Yeah. Listen, could we talk in the morning?" She grabbed his arm, I hissed,
" What's your hurry... Sam? Sam Winchester. Let's see. I could run you in for impersonating a federal agent." She threw him, I water-ported to him, grabbed his gun and shot her as she pulled out a knife. Sam looked at me, I held out my hand, he grabbed it and I pulled him up.
I said" Let's go."

We got back to the motel, Sam ran up, I waited in the car, then Sam and Dean came out. Sam probably shot the girl, Dean wouldn't have it in him for sure.
We got to the mothership, and it was empty,
Dean said" They're gone." I looked at Sam and Dean, well shit.

Sam was  driving down the road,
Dean said" Hey, you know what? I don't like it, either. I wanted to torture them just as much as you. Yeah, but, hey, next time they surface, we'll be ready... if we live that long." Sam stayed silent," All right, fine. Just sit there and be pissed."
Sam said" What did you say to me... when I was the one who choked? What did you say about Amy? You kill the monster!"
" I was going to!"
" Oh, the hell you were! You think I'm an idiot?"
" What, you think I am?"
" Dean, you were gonna let her walk!"
" No, I wasn't. That's ridiculous!"
" Look, man, she was not yours. Not really."
" Actually, she, uh, she was, really. She just also happened to be a crazy man killing monster. But, uh, hey."
" You know what? Bobby was right. Your head's not in it, man. When Cas died, you were wobbly, but now..."
" Now what? Oh, what, you're dealing with it so perfect? Yeah, news flash, pal- you're just as screwed up as I am! You're just... bigger."
" What?!"
" I don't know."
" Look... Dean, the thing is, tonight... it almost got you killed. Now, I don't care how you deal. I really, really don't. But just don't- don't get killed."
" I'll do what I can."
" Well, what's that supposed to mean?"
" It means I'll do what I can. All right? You can shut up about it."