Chapter 1

"Life is full of surprises"
My mother used to say. She would always tell me to wish on stars and to dream big dreams. Sometimes I wished that she was right when she told me life would be easy. Honestly, it hasn't been easy for me. I've been struggling since the day my mother passed away.

My father married another woman and I was stuck with my step-mother whom treated me badly. I had to work long hours just to be able to fend for myself. I know your thinking why didn't you just tell your, dad? Well I did but he believed his "wife"
and kicked me out of the house leaving me all alone in this cruel cold world.

I sighed and got out of the bed and began to prepare for my day at work. I work at this restaurant that was the hot spot for all the celebrities and idols. Every day you would meet someone new. It was the only part of my job I liked besides the pay.

With this job, I was able to provide for myself and not have to struggle too much. I walked out of my apartment complex and went down to the bus stop. I sat patiently waiting for the bus. I admired the trees and the sky, I really loved looking at the sunrise and the sunset. It was almost like a hobby for me, I stood up as the bus approached the stopping area.

Riding the bus was always a fun experience too. You got to meet new people and get to your destination at the same time. Every day a young mother and her child would board the bus with me. It had become a habit of us meeting at the bus stop but today they were here. I was a little worried but I brushed it off.

When I arrived at work I noticed all my co-workers were moving nervously. I was very confused but I went on with my day like normal. When I entered the locker room I saw my best friend Min-Jun. He had got hired at the same time I did, so we went through training together and became friends.

I noticed that just like the other workers he was nervous too. I sighed and decided to ask what was going on.

"Min-Jun can you please tell me why everyone is so nervous today" I said in a low tone

His eyes widen and his looked around before he spoke to me

"Min Yoongi and his gang will be coming here tonight for a meeting with our boss"
He said in whispering tone.

"Who is Min Yoongi" his eyes widen as he covered my mouth

" not so loud and he is the biggest mafia leader here in Seoul. How can you not know him?" I shrugged my shoulders and closed my locker

" I don't keep up with the world Min-Jun and I definitely don't keep up with criminals"
I said in a low tone.