3. Old friends, new relations

I wish I knew you earlier

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Astrid was still seated on her desk in the Ravenclaw common room. 

She pulled the fresh parchment near her as she inhaled the beautiful smell of it.
Dipping her quill into the ink, she started writing once again.

Dear Professor Dumbledore,
Hope you are well.
I'm going to make this letter short. As you know, I am of age to do magic outside of school grounds. In fact, I'm almost a year older.
Keeping that in mind, I have made the decision to join the Order.
I know you may have concerns but in my defense, my parents were a part of the order at the same age. I want to do what my father did. I want to follow his footsteps.
You also know that I'm far more advanced than most students in this school. Please let me do this.
Thank you
Astrid Stonewall
Astrid sealed the letter and put it on her bedside table.

Tucking herself into bed, she could only think of today's experience.
She closed her light brown eyes and drifted into a sound sleep.
~~~
It was a cold October morning.
Astrid hated being cold but today was exciting. They were going to hogsmead today. She loved going to the village and picking out her favourite candy from honey dukes and some new supplies from zonko's.
But that wasn't the reason Astrid woke up early this morning.
She was forcefully woken up from her sleep by Dana Creak, her dorm mate and a good friend.
"A! Wake up! You're late for breakfast!" Astrid didn't move a muscle. "There was a mysterious letter for you in the common room! also Lewis Harrison was asking about you!" She knew Astrid's curiosity would get the best of her.
"Who's it from?" Astrid asked, her voice husky and her eyes half closed. She completely ignored the comment about Lewis Harrison. Dana has been teasing her for months now.
"F&G?" Dana said almost in a questioning tone.
Astrid's eyes shot open as she snatched the letter from Dana's hand.
"What is this all about!?" She asked.
"I'll explain at breakfast!!" Astrid said, "I'll see you in the great hall!! I'm far too hungry to wait!" Her friend said sheepishly. Astrid shooed Dana away but Dana's gaze didn't leave her until Astrid closed the door.

Dear A,
We will figure out who you are by Christmas. We might not be Ravenclaws but we are just as smart.
There is a meeting in Hogsmead. We're hoping for anyone against umbridge to come.
Hog's Head Tavern at 11.
Don't forget to come.
F&G

Astrid thought about it, she wanted to go against Umbridge but she also didn't want to narrow down the choices for the twins. There were going to be limited people there. But this silly little game shouldn't affect her decision.

Astrid practically sprinted out of bed to get ready when she realied that she was awfully late for breakfast. She was trying to braid her hair while running through the hallways. She was way too late for breakfast and was hoping to get the smallest piece of bread.