18. No students out of bed

I always thought you were a bit dodgy

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Dear A

That was brilliant! How did you manage to soften the floors!?
We will find out who you are soon. We have some names shortlisted.
F&G

Astrid felt even more distant than George. Her conversation with him the previous night had only sparked a million more butterflies in her stomach.
She hoped they wouldn't find out who she was because she didn't want them to get too attached. Lucky for her, she had only 25 more days to go before they dropped this. But 25 days seemed like a long time.

Dear F&G
This was only a teaser.
Today will be the real show.
P.s. you're going to fail Weasleys, might as well give up now.
A
The girl charmed her handwriting to look different before sending back the letter with Noah's owl.

As she was about to close the window of the common room, another owl swooped in with a letter.
Dear Astrid
No meeting on Friday.
Prophecy is safe.
We've been guarding it each night by taking turns.
Moony

Astrid sighed. She wished she could help out more but she was stuck in school.
Astrid had to get out of her faster.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

It was after breakfast and Fred's hands were sweating. He hadn't been this nervous in his entire life. 
He led Angelina to the quidditch pitch and the two sat there on the empty stands.
"What is it Fred!? Just spit it out!" Angelina told him.
"I may have kissed someone else and I need to tell you how sorry I am. I didn't mean for it to happen. I didn't lean in first but I didn't stop it either. I'm a horrible person and I understand if you never want to talk to me again"
Angelina gave Fred a soft look. She was upset and disappointed but what she has Fred has, was it really that serious? No! Did she expect it to even go this far? No!
"Fred, You couldn't stick to me forever. I am upset and I am mad at you and I am going to push you off the moving staircases but honestly, I expected this to end way earlier" She told him.
"I'm really sorry Angelina, but this person has completely invaded my mind. I-"
"I accept your apology Fred Weasley but I must tell you that it was not okay for you to go around kissing another girl, so don't do that with her. What we had was merely a school crush and an immature relationship. Our friendship is more important to me."
"Thank you so much Angelina! You're the best!" Fred wrapped his arms around the girl and pulled her into a tight hug. The hug was something Fred had definitely learned from his mother.
"I will only let this go if you tell me who this girl is." Angelina told him pulling away from the hug.
"Well, It's..."
"You have no choice, Weasley"
"It's not exactly....a girl" Fred muttered the last part under his breath. He didn't know how Angelina would react to it.
"What?" She hadn't heard him.
"You know Astrid?"
"You kissed the person George fancies!?" Angelina have him a judgmental look.
"No! I would never! It's her best friend...his name is Noah"
"Noah Wilson? I have to admit Freddie, you've got good taste! But we already knew that the day you asked me to the ball" Angelina laughed.
Fred was thankful the girl hadn't questioned him further.
"I haven't told George yet"
"My lips are sealed."