12. The Astronomy tower

I'm going to die, George

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The cold started to spread through the halls of Hogwarts. Snow was almost ready to fall and Christmas was a little more than a month away.
The DA meetings were now awkward, Noah didn't even look at Astrid and the same went for the girl.
Dana had tried everything but she didn't know what to do.
None of the twins bought up the topic when they hung out with Noah, which was now often. 
Astrid continued to go to the order meetings regularly with her homework piling up for the weekends.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

It was a Friday night, right after the order meeting, Astrid was trying to finish her pending work in the library. She wasn't allowed to be there but that never really stopped her. She was seated there, struggling to write with a quill. Her arm was full of scars because of detentions with Umbridge.

Umbridge was trying to find out more about the DA. She even recruited some students into her inquisitorial squad.

As the stonewall girl was working on her potions essay, she heard footsteps come in. Astrid quickly got rid of the flame from the candle and hid behind one of the bookshelves. Her heart was beating loudly. She couldn't afford another detention with Umbridge.

The footsteps were light. The girl knew it wasn't just one person. They came closer and closer and Astrid's breath Hitched. She couldn't hear any talking and so couldn't tell who was in here.

"Lumos" Someone said. It was a male voice. Astrid peaked from behind the bookshelf to see Noah standing there with his wand ready.

She sighed audibly. "What are yo doing here?" Noah asked the girl with a stern look on his face.

"I could ask you the same" Astrid whispered back crossing her arms over her chest. Before Noah could say anything further, two people appeared behind him.

"Hello Astrid!" Fred greeted.

"What are you doing here?" George asked. His face lit up at the sight of the girl.

Astrid's lips parted slightly as her gaze moved from one twin to another. Without a word, Astrid walked back to her table, lit her candle and sat down. she picked up her quill and continued writing.

"What are you writing?" George asked, seating himself next to her.

"Potions." She replied flatly. but Astrid wasn't. She stopped writing for a moment, her mind racing with thoughts.

Astrid was conflicted. On one side Noah was right. She did like Weasley at some point in her life and those feelings were bound to come back. He was the sweetest person, he made her laugh and he was once her best friend. If Astrid told him the truth, George may be mad at her but he could never hate her. It was selfish of her to just think of herself.