Part II : Prologue | Ch 32

One year

One year

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Astrid's eyes shot open. Was this all a dream? Maybe.

"Hey Astrid, how are you feeling?" A voice came from around her. At first she thought it was George but this voice didn't sound so familiar. She looked to her side to see someone familiar yet a complete stranger.

"Dad? I'm feeling fine- I-you-where are we?" She sat up on her bed.

"We're in a place between life and Death" Jacob Stonewall replied.
Astrid was confused, she didn't know what happened. The last thing she saw or rather the last person she saw was Sirius Black. She looked around the bright and glowing room. She was in her bedroom.

"You, Astrid, were destined to die the day you were born," He said,"The one to be born a daughter of the seer, only counts down days to death in fear. A curtain is all that separates her demise, she will fall through with a blessing in disguise. The dark lord will rise that day, his army will take her life away." Jacob recited.

"The one to be born a daughter of the seer. I'm the seer and you're my daughter." He explained to a confused Astrid. "Counts down days of death in fear as in untimely death"

"A curtain! that's the veil!" Astrid realized, "But what's the blessing?"

"The workings of the Magical world are difficult to explain, Astrid. Your magic is complex and so you cannot question its workings. Voldemort wants to posses something that doesn't belong to him-"

"Harry?" Astrid asked and Jacob shook his head.

"No. It's a stone. A magical Black Tourmaline to be exact. This stone is said to have powers to protect one against all demons of the earth and negative energy surrounding
a person."

"what will Voldemort do with that? Get rid of all his wrong doings?" Astrid chuckled.

"That stone is of utmost importance. Once he has that stone with him, Voldemort can achieve all powers of Fear Manipulators"

"What's that?"

"People who can magically manipulate the fears of a person to such an extent that they could die with just a rise in their blood pressure or go mentally ill. Boggarts are a type of shape shifting manipulators.There are only two known Fear Manipulators as of now but if Voldemort posses their powers, the wizarding world will be doomed"

"But why are you telling me all this dad? How am I going to do anything about it?" Astrid asked standing up and walking closer to her father.

"Out of those two manipulators, only one is still alive. Her name is Verena Reeves. Her parents and I were great friends. She's about two years older than you." Jacob paused and looked for any indication of what Astrid was thinking but couldn't find any. "I did my research on Fear Manipulation much before you were born. When Verena's father found out about her powers, they contacted me. They had found a book on Fear Manipulation that I had published in the muggle world as a fantasy book. They asked for my help and I did. But after the first Wizarding War, I had no way to help them. Astrid, you're not dying. I am sending you back. You have to find Verena and Help her take the stone from Voldemort. It's very important to do this because her parents are about to be killed by death eaters. Find her before they do and hunt down the stone"