47

Astrid peered down at the stone in confusion. It had been twelve hours, the next day in fact and the stone didn't look any different to her.
"Now what?" George asked her and she shrugged, "everyone's still a sleep, so we just wait I guess"

Astrid and George decided to soak in all the freedom they could before it all went wrong. They sat on the sand and listened to the waves as the wind caressed their faces.
"Do you reckon the death eaters will come after us?" Astrid asked.
"Definitely, they need that stone." George stated as he watched the cold water rush towards them and receded.
"We can't stay here then, can we?"  Astrid already knew the answer.
"Not for long"
"And we can't go back to the Burrow"
"We can- but it's too risky"
"Where do we go from here? We don't have a place- a plan" she wasn't worried for herself as she was for the others, she actually felt rather calm about the whole situation.
"How about we go to your house?"
"I'm pretty sure that's where Sirius is hiding. I think we can go there though and then decide"
"The war is coming, we won't have to be on the run for long" George wasn't sure if that was a relief or more tensing.
"You scared?" Astrid turned her head to George.
"Terrified"
"Me too"

Verena, Fred, George and Astrid stood around the table and looked at the stone for a few minutes in silence.
"What do you reckon will happen?" Fred asked the lot but they all remained silent. Verena sighed before nodding, "Okay, let's do this" she reached towards it as the others froze in their spots not knowing what to expect. She dipped her and in the water and scooped the stone out. A woosh of wind blew around her as a red aura formed around her sending chills down Astrid's spine. Her hand subconsciously gripped George's arm as her breath hitched. Verena's hair turned extremely white and her eyes completely red and it all went to back to normal as soon as it started.
"What was that?" Astrid asked. All four of them turned pale and looked at each other in wonder and worry.
"I-I think that was the energy. I'm not sure" Verena replied.
"Do you feel any different?" George asked her.
"I'm not sure yet, it's confusing" Verena told them as she sat down on the chair behind her.
"Well, if you see, you've got goosebumps, you formed a red aura around yourself, is that a sheild? Is that the stone protecting you?"
Fred and George exchanged looks, "what aura?" they asked at once.
"The red one, couldn't you see it?" Astrid asked them.
"You could?" Verena asked, "No one else can see it but me, how did you-"
"What do you mean?" Astrid looked between her sister and the twins.
"Astrid, you don't have any fears, none that I can detect and," Verena paused for a second, "and you can see things.." it quickly started to dawn upon Astrid what her sister was talking about.

Verena ran out of the room leaving the twins completely confused and Astrid deep in thought. She returned a few minutes later with her book, the book her father had written. She frantically flipped through the pages and suddenly stopped on one.
"Remember when you I told you that Vera can't sense my fears?" Astrid asked the twins who nodded, "It's not because I have no fears-"
"-She can tranquil fear" Verena pointed to the page in her book and the twins huddled around it to read.

Tranquil Fear
The power to channel the power of their fear while maintaining absolute tranquility

The user can control their fear while retaining tranquility and are able to face what they're afraid of with relentless courage of a warrior while gaining the vigilance and precaution of a survivor. If users master their fear they can develop an intuition of fear itself, using it to their own benefit and induce fear into others.

The user can act in perfect clarity even under the most extreme kinds of horrors or traumatic experiences, allowing them to endure the extreme mental stress, achieve temporary , be immune to  and resistant to torture using fear.

Unlike  or , the user doesn't have an apathy to fear or just be courageous alone, but rather they embrace their fears with courage in order to master it with complete emotional equilibrium and tranquility.