24. The Date

He makes me Happy, something I didn't know I could be

~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Noah!!!" Astrid called out to her best friend who was climbing the Hogwarts express. She let go of George's hand and ran towards the boy.
"I missed you!" Astrid hugged him tight as he kissed her forehead.
"I missed you too" Noah told her.
Dana, Noah and Astrid sat in the same compartment while Fred and George went to meet their other friends.
The three talked throughout the train ride about their summer. Astrid didn't tell them anything about the order or her mother though.
Fred and George came through the doors of the compartment looking happy.
Dana greeted both of them with a hug. George gave Noah a high five while Fred completely ignored his presence.
Dana and Noah was beyond excited to see George and Astrid together and teased them like crazy.
Fred didn't even make eye contact with Noah.
"Fred! Can I talk to you..outside?" Noah asked him but got no answer.
"Fred. You should talk to him. Quit being stubborn" Astrid whispered to him.
After a few ignores, Fred finally stood up and walked out of the compartment.
"You coming Noah?" He asked poking his head back in.
Noah scrambled to his feet and followed Fred outside.
"Why are you ignoring me?" Noah asked, confused.
"Let's see, you didn't reply to any of my letters, didn't write to me even once and left me hanging!"
"I'm sorry..." Noah looked to his feet.
"That's it!? I must've sent you a hundred letters despite mum's protests!" Fred told him,
"I freaked out!" Noah had never seen Fred so upset.
"You need to make up your mind Noah. You kiss me, then stop talking to me for a while, then decide that you do like me but then never reply to any of my letters...did you even read them?"
"Yeah I did. I'm sorry ..."
"You don't even have an excuse do you?" Fred was genuinely hurt. He didn't show it in front of Astrid but he was hurt.
Noah was silent. Fred had asked him on a date. He had built up the courage and asked him out but Noah didn't reply. His mother refused him to, she didn't let him associate with any 'blood traitors'
"Pathetic..." with those words Fred walked back into the compartment. Noah saw him talk to George about something and then laugh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Astrid felt good to be back at Hogwarts. She had her friends there, she had George there, that's all she needed.
"What do you have next?" Dana asked her walking out of Herbology.
"Class with that toad face" Astrid said dreadfully. This was one thing she didn't look forward to.
"Well I'll see you later" Dana told her as they reached the exit to the Herbology.
"What!? But your class is on the way!" Astrid was confused. Dana only pointed at a certain gryffindor boy leaning against the wall and biting his nail.
"Fancy seeing you here" Astrid smiled as she walked up to George.
"Same goes for you, Ms. Stonewall" George smiled goofily.
"Let's go to class before that Toad tries to kill us" Astrid walked with George through the corridors, happier than ever.
"We're going to hogsmeade this weekend" George told her.
"I thought we didn't have Hogsmeade for another few weeks" Astrid said quizzically.
"No no, we are going to hogsmeade this weekend" George said.
"Is this you asking me on a date, Weasley?" Astrid smirked.
"No. It's me taking you on a date weather you like it or not" He smiled.
Astrid rolled her eyes at the boy as they sat down together in the DADA classroom.
She saw Noah sitting alone in the back but when she asked is she wanted her to sit with him he refused.
Astrid knew about the small argument Fred and Noah seemed to have had but Fred didn't seemed dazed by it at all. He sat there, joking with Lee.
Noah felt a pant of jealousy when he saw Fred laugh. He wished it would stop and it did.
"Detention Mr. Weasley and Mr.Jordan" Umbridge said as soon as she walked into the classroom. The two opened their mouths to object but knew it wouldn't do anything.
Noah felt bad, he wished the worst for them and they ended up in detention with Umbitch.
He internally groaned and just focused on his work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ready?" George asked Astrid, who nodded.
The two went through the secret passageway that led to Honeydukes.
"Weasley? What are you doing here? It's past school hours!" Ambrosious Flume, the owner of Honeydukes scolded the twin. "You know how Umbridge is" George smiled at him sheepishly.
"When do I ever get caught, Mr. Flume?"
He pulled Astrid out of the Cellar.
"Plus, I'm here on a date.." George pointed to Astrid.
"Astrid! Are you here willingly?" Fluke asked with a smile.
"Yes sir, I'm here willingly" She laughed.
"How do you know each other?" George asked.
"You're not the only one who uses this passage, Georgie" Astrid told him.
The two started to walk out out the store, thanking the man.
"Did you tell him?" Flume whispered to her while George walked out of the door.
"No...I guess we are inseparable regardless of memory.." Astrid told him.
"You should tell him. You can't keep lying.." The shop owner explained. He wasn't only friends with Astrid, but also knew her father and the Prewett twins very well back in their day. He always looked out for her.
"We'll go have fun now, I want you back in an hour. You don't want to get caught."
Astrid thanked him once more before walking out of the door with George.
He questioned what they were talking about but Astrid just shrugged it off.
The two went to The Three Broomsticks. It was much more empty than they had seen during Hogsmeade weekends.
"Aren't you two supposed to be in school?" Madam Rosmerta asked while handing them their butterbeers.
"We don't exactly have the reputations of rule followers" Astrid chuckled.
"Oh who am I kidding? Weasley and Stonewall, what else was I supposed to expect?" She laughed.
"You seem to be pretty popular here" Astrid said to George taking a seat across from him.
"I could say the same about you. I get why I'm famous, why are you?" He asked.
"My father wasn't exactly the most rule following kid in Hogwarts either"
"Following a legacy, I see"
"A list actually" Astrid said reaching for her pockets. "I carry it with me everywhere"
She handed George a folded piece of parchment.
Things to do before leaving Hogwarts
George noticed a few familiar things.
Climb down the Ravenclaw tower
Turn the floors into sponges
Colour everyone's hair pink for a day.
"This is wicked!" He said, his eyes wide and his lips curved upwards.
"I wouldn't be doing any of this if it weren't for the list but I'm glad I am" Astrid took a sip of her butterbeer.
"You don't have a lot left.." George told her.
"I've been working on number 8" she pointed out the one she was talking about.
"You've been brewing polyjuice potion!?" George gave her an impressed look.
"I'm going to put small strands of the same hair in other people's pumpkin juices. It will only last a few hours though" She explained.
"You can turn everyone into me, you won't be able to resist the urge to kiss everyone though, never mind" Astrid laughed at the sudden turn he took.
"Actually...what if we turn ourselves into McGonagall?" A playful smirk played at Astrid's lips.
"You kill me with that wit, Stonewall"

"Fred and I found these muggle things called a slinky. We've been tracking every staircase and it's time intervals between movements."
"That's why you're never late to class...I noticed"
"Well we are going to have a slinky race in a month or so" George laughed.
"That's bloody brilliant!" Astrid gave him a surprised look.
The two had reached back to the Ravenclaw common room and had managed not get caught.
"I guess this is my stop.." Astrid stood in front of the knocker.
"What came first, the Phoenix or the Ashes?" The knocker asked.
"A circle has no start or end" she smoothly replied.
"Thank you George. This was the best date ever" Astrid out her arms around the boy's neck and closed the gap between them.
Their lips moved in sync. Astrid loved the warmth of his lips, they were soft and perfect. She could melt right into his arms at this moment but she had to control herself.
"I'll see you tomorrow, Weasley"
George saw her walk into the common room, giggling. He just stood there, amazed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Honestly I'm so invested in this story now
I only started with a small idea and now I'm done writing 35 chapters.
There's a lot coming for you! Be prepared!

Because I have 10 chapters ready to edit slightly and publish, I'll be putting out two chapters in a day!

Thanks for reading!
XOXO
Aisla Wrenn
(It's pronounced I-la btw)