Capitulo 1

I could see him. My target. Just a few metres in front of me, stopping to admire paintings at a stall. He didn't seem like one of those gullible tourists that I stole most of my living from but he'd have to do. He looked oddly out of place in his picturesque surroundings; dishevelled brown hair, beard and glasses but what I was interested in was his coat. Or more like what was in the pockets of said coat. 

I strolled towards him, keeping my pace leisurely and my eye line straight ahead. I slid my hand into his open pocket, grabbing his wallet and continuing swiftly past him. It was too easy, I looked at my winnings, smirking. Slowly opening the wallet, I expected at least a couple of twenty euro bills to fall into my eagerly awaiting hands. But no, staring back at me was a picture of my own face, or rather my prison mugshot. I furrowed by brow in confusion, glancing back to the stall but the man was no where in sight. 

Someone cleared their throat politely in front of me and my head whipped round to see him waiting expectantly. 'I think that's mine.' He said softly, pointing to the wallet. I narrowed my eyes in suspicion, tossing the empty wallet to him as I kept my picture clutched to me close in one hand. 

'Where did you get this?' I demanded, looking him up and down and holding the picture out.

'I have my sources. But that's not what is important.' Came the calm reply. As much as there was clearly something strange going on here with this man, there was something about his voice and mannerisms that made him seem friendly and reliable as opposed to threatening. His relaxed demeanour surprised me, I was used to dealing with the rough thugs that I picked up the odd job for every now and again. He stood patiently waiting for a response from me as he nudged his glasses back up the bridge of his nose.

'Who the fuck are you?' I questioned lowly. I'd survived on my own for this long by creating the impression that I was the one in control of situations, I found it very hard to trust anyone, especially a stranger who somehow knew that I was going to rob him. 

'You can call me the Professor.' He extended his hand for me to shake. 

And that's how I met my guardian angel. 

Here's the first chapter of my Money Heist book! Hope you enjoyed this tiny taster, I have big plans for the rest of Vienna's story!

Editing note: I've come back and edited this chapter. Stick with this story, the first few chapters are a bit short but promise it gets better! Thanks for reading xox