Capitulo 2

Bienvenidos. Welcome.

That's what the Professor wrote as I sat down in a room of 8 strangers in that abandoned house in Toledo. I can't deny the buzz of excitement I felt at that moment; exhilaration as I knew this was going to be something big. 

On that fateful day that the Professor found me, he told me all about an opportunity to be a part of the biggest heist in history. Needless to say, he had my attention straight away. I still ask myself what's so special about me to have sought me out and involve me in this plan but I didn't hesitate to agree, I'd be crazy to turn it down. 

I was the youngest in this room of misfits, closely followed by two boys sitting a few desks behind me. There were only two other women in the room, both of whom had given me a quick reassuring smile when we entered a room on the second floor. Two Serbian men and an older, kind looking man made up the rest of the group. 

But who seemed the most out of place was the man sitting just across from me; in his early forties I'd say and in a crisp suit, he held himself with an air of confidence that demanded respect, a slight smirk constantly gracing his features. His eyes had locked onto me when I had sat down before he curtly nodded, returning his attention to the Professor. 

'I welcome you and thank you for agreeing to do this...this job offer.' The Professor spoke with a hint of awkwardness from his stance at the front of the classroom. The boy behind me chuckled slightly and I watched the Professor in amusement as he pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose. I turned to glance at the boy behind me and he kissed the air cockily, to which I responded with a scoff and an eye roll. 

'We'll live here and for five months we'll study how to pull of this heist.' There were objections around the room when the Professor said this but I rolled my eyes, staying silent. Five months seemed reasonable for what we were going to gain from this in the end and I respected the specific detail that had to go in to pull this off successfully.  

The Professor went on to explain how this heist will mean us and our children never having to work a day in our lives. As he said this, his eyes lingered on the man next to me for a second too long, something no one without as much attention to detail as I have would've noticed. I glanced at the man but he kept his emotionless stare forward. The Professor then laid out rules for the next five months;  No real names, no personal questions, and no relationships. I smirked when I heard the cocky boy behind me sigh in annoyance at this last rule.

'Shame.' I whispered to him sarcastically and kissed the air, just as he had done before to me. 

And that's how it came to be. Tokyo, Berlin, Moscow, Denver, Rio, Oslo, Helsinki, Nairobi and me, Vienna in our plan to rob the Royal Mint of Spain.

Hope you enjoyed, I promise the next chapter is a lot longer!!