Capitulo 7

Everything was so calm, it seemed like the plan was on track. The presses were printing money at full speed under the watchful eye of Nairobi. We had successfully thwarted the police's first attempt at entering the Mint by dressing the hostages identical to us and brandishing a machine gun at them. Simple. 

I think we were all a bit giddy at the way everything was running so smoothly, I swear I even saw Berlin crack a smile. I walked into the break room after my shift watching over the sleeping hostages. Rio was asleep on the couch and Denver held a finger up to his lips at me as I walked in and placed my gun on the table. I laughed quietly at their childish pranks as Denver poured a water bottle over a sleeping Rio's head. He spluttered and woke up with a start, swearing at Denver but laughing as well. We all retreated to the couches and I sank down next to Denver and put my legs over his lap and he rested his hands on top of them comfortably. 

Rio raised an eyebrow at us, 'How come Tokyo and I get outed and you two get to sit there all lovey dovey.' 

'Guess we were always a bit more subtle than you.' I shrugged with a smirk. 

'I mean Berlin's room did share a wall with Tokyo's' added Denver, 'Boom boom boom' he started imitating the sound of Tokyo's headboard on the wall, a daily occurrence back in Toledo.

'Oh fuck off.' Rio grinned, 'You weren't a pair of angels yourselves.' 

'No we were not.' Denver muttered as he crawled on top of me on the sofa, creating a very compromising position in front of Rio. 

'There's a time and a place soldier.' I laughed, pushing him off the couch and onto the floor. Instead of moving, he lay there contently, putting his hands behind his head and glancing at Rio. 

'So are you and Tokyo okay again? You know, after what she said on that call to the professor?' Denver asked. 

'Well I don't know, she did it to protect me I guess.' Was Rio's answer as he scratched his neck awkwardly. Sometimes I felt sorry for the him; Tokyo was a fair bit older than him, which wasn't a factor that mattered by itself but it meant she had a lot of baggage, which just so happened to include a boyfriend who died because of her, so I didn't blame her for not rushing into a relationship right away. Whereas Rio just wore his heart on his sleeve, loving blindly but I did truly believe that the pair would be good for each other, Tokyo just had to deal with her own issues first. 

'My ears are burning.' Tokyo announced her presence in the room. 

'Well you are a woman who inspires gossip.' I smirked as she sat down next to me. Tokyo and I arguably hadn't gotten off to the best of starts, but ultimately it only made us closer in the end. 

'Gracias darling. Berlin's looking for you.' She mentioned casually as she kicked Denver's head and he swatted her away, annoyed. 

I frowned, 'Why?'

'No clue.' 

I rolled my eyes and pushed myself off the sofa with a huff. 'Is it so impossible to get five minutes of rest around here?' I stepped over Denver and put the middle finger up at him as he grabbed onto my ankles to annoy me. 

I slung my gun over my shoulder with a sigh, 'Alright then, whatever Berlin wants, Berlin gets, right? Ciao.' I said to my companions with a salute as I left the room. 

'Finally.' Stated an impatient Berlin as I slid the door shut to his office behind me. 

'What do you want?' I sighed, remaining standing as he sat with his feet up on his desk.