Capitulo 14

I trudged towards the vault that I knew Monica would be in. After Berlin found out she was alive, she'd been put back with the other hostages but she was wounded and pregnant so we thought it was better if she had her own place to rest. I'd looked for Denver to apologise for my earlier outburst but Moscow had told me he'd gone to treat Monica's wound. Ironic. 

I pulled the heavy door open and saw Denver scramble to his feet...in his underwear. Both him and Monica looked at me guiltily as I stood there dumbfounded. I felt sick to my stomach at what, I was presuming, had occurred before I walked in. They weren't in the middle of doing the deed but by the shame on their faces it was clear it had happened fairly recently. 

'Vienna let me explain I -' Denver started but I interrupted him.

'What the fuck is wrong with you?'

'I was annoyed with you I - ' 

'Oh yeah because all the times you've annoyed me I've gone and slept with fucking Arturo!' I exclaimed sarcastically, coming in to the vault fully. I was all cried out today and at this point all I felt was rage, sure I'd earned the silent treatment from him but this was entirely uncalled for and I felt betrayed that Denver would ever treat me like this. 

'I didn't say anything that bad Denver! Were your balls that blue that you just couldn't help yourself?! And you,' I spat at Monica, 'I was nice to you, I helped you and this is what you do in return? Didn't you turn out to be a bitch?' At least, Monica had the decency to look ashamed, she knew she was in the wrong. 

'I mean I am sorry Denver, we never really did say we were exclusive but I wasn't really expecting you to go round fucking the hostages!' I scoffed at him before turning to leave, 'I'll let you two get back to it.' 

I heard Denver quickly putting his jumpsuit on before sprinting after me down the corridor. He caught up to me, grabbing my arm and turning me to face him. 

'Please Vienna I majorly fucked up, I was just so annoyed with what you said and how we'd been so distant recently and Monica leaned in to kiss me and it started to escalate, shit.' Denver rambled desperately, running an exasperated hand through his hair. To be fair to him, he did seem extremely regretful but it was going to take a lot more than a shitty apology to ever make me begin to trust him again. Of course I started falling for a guy and he goes and does something like this. 

'I was thinking of you the whole time, I-' He got cut off as I slapped him hard across the face before he could finish his offensive and pathetic sentence. His hand came up to his stinging cheek in surprise, 'Ok I deserved that.' He muttered, clenching his jaw. 

'Yes you fucking did.' I scoffed and left him cradling his cheek as I went back up to the others. 

It was only when I was out of sight from him did I let my strong facade crack a little. I had to pretend that it didn't completely destroy me seeing what I just saw. I had planned on apologising, doing a bit of grovelling and then him forgiving me and me telling him about my newly discovered Berlin situation. I know Berlin and I had agreed not to tell anyone but that's how much I trusted Denver. Note the past tense, trusted. I let out a shaky breath before composing myself.

'Arturitooo.' I sang as I neared a group of hostages. I saw him snap his head up in confusion as to why I was calling him and I smirked when I saw him, beckoning him towards me.

'I've just found out some news that I think you would be very interested in.' I said as I put an arm round his shoulders, leading him back towards the vaults. 'Monica, the woman carrying your child, has just been fucked...by Denver.' I whispered in his ear. I glanced down and saw his fists clench at his sides. 'I thought I'd do the right thing and take you to Denver so you can talk out your differences.'