Capitulo 5

All the shouting had Berlin come running to us, leaving the hostages with Helsinki, Moscow and Oslo. 

'What the fuck happened?' He said through gritted teeth, trying to remain calm as he took in the strange scene before him: Tokyo and Rio sobbing and clutching eachother on the floor, Nairobi shaking and Denver trying to control his anger as he fussed over my bleeding arm. 

Berlin's eyes widened slightly as he saw the blood on Rio's head and on my arm and he beckoned me towards him. I left Denver's side and followed Berlin to an office where he sat me down and took out a small first aid kit. He kneeled beside me and proceeded to clean my arm. I winced slightly as it burnt but I didn't like to seem weak in front of anyone. 

Berlin gave me a look, knowing that I was trying to conceal my pain due to the grimace on my face but he didn't mention it. 'I trust that you can shed some light on the situation for me.' He stated whilst dressing my wound. I shrugged, avoiding eye contact.

'Vienna.' He pressed in a warning tone. 

I huffed, knowning he'd find out sooner or later. 'Tokyo ran out so Rio and I followed her and the cops starting shooting back at us so Denver and Nairobi came to cover us so we could get back inside. Rio and I got grazed by a bullet and Rio blacked out so I guess Tokyo thought he was dead so she shot at the cops.' I admitted, rambling. 

Berlin's mouth twitched in annoyance when I said Tokyo shot at the police but other than that, his only response was an eerily relaxed, 'Okay.' I could see the cogs turning in his brain though, if those officers died, we would no longer be seen as the public heroes that the Professor intended us to be, we'd be cold blooded murderers. He stood and moved towards the window where he saw ambulances coming to take away the injured officers. 'Are you okay?' He then asked sincerely, rolling my sleeve back down over my bandage. 

I brushed him off, giving him a smirk, 'Of course, gonna take more than that to get rid of me.' 

'Si, I know I know.' He looked at me fondly for a second before resuming his stoic stance and motioning to follow him to the room where the others were now waiting. 

I could hear Denver shouting at Tokyo as Berlin opened the door and we walked in slowly, silencing everyone in the room.

'They're taking the wounded cops away.' He looked pointedly at Tokyo before turning to Rio, 'Are the telephones connected?' Rio nodded, 'Drop any wireless signals, we're switching to analog.' He then collected all of our earpieces and dropped them into the fish tank, satisfied as he watched them sink. 'Call the Professor.' 

I then heard Berlin speaking to the Professor on the phone, explaining to him what had happened. 'Connect the cameras for the Professor. Tokyo shot at the police, two of them are wounded. Vienna and Rio got grazed, apparently Tokyo and Rio are.. involved.' 

I felt Denver's eyes subtly on me as Berlin said this but I kept my eyes trained on the floor. The Professor replied and Berlin held the phone out to Tokyo with a triumphant smirk. I'm pretty sure Berlin had his suspicions about Denver and I , so I was secretly grateful that he didn't rat us out too.

Tokyo then expressed some very pent up anger about the situation, aggressively denying that her and Rio were together before slamming the phone down and storming out of the room. An awkward silence fell over us and I glanced at the heartbroken Rio before leaving to get back to my post. 

Denver followed me, tapping me on the shoulder and pulling me aside in the coridoor. 'Don't ever do that again.' He said.

'Do what?' I asked obliviously.

'Put yourself in danger like that, you heard the cops shooting back and you ran out anyway!' He argued.

'Denver, we're criminals, we're in a heist, I think it's part of the job description.' I scoffed. 'I mean it's sweet that you care.' I teased, poking his chest. 

He grabbed the finger that I was poking him with, 'I'm serious Vienna, just be more careful at least okay?' 

'Ok.' I sighed, humouring him, 'But I really am fine.' I insisted.

'Only by chance.' 

'What can I say, I'm a lucky girl.' I smirked.

'And I'm a lucky man,' He replied before suddenly kissing me, taking me by surprise before I responded, my hands going up to his hair as his encircled low around my back and brought me closer to him. Things started to get more passionate, they always did with him. He was lowering the zip of my jumpsuit painfully slowly, his lips not leaving my neck all the while as I tried to supress a moan. I pulled him back up to my mouth as I pressed myself against him and he smirked deviously into the kiss as he deepened it. 

'Denver, not here..' I murmured, breaking apart for breath before we got too carried away and I leant my forehead against his.

'Daniel.' He whispered, 'My real name is Daniel Ramos.' He stared at me, awaiting my reaction as he slowly zipped me back up before placing his hands on my hips. 

I was silent for a moment, trying to associate this new name with the Denver I knew. 'Daniel.' I breathed, 'Nice to meet you, me llamo Emilia.' I smiled.

'Emilia.' I loved the way my name rolled off his tongue and I hugged him, burying my face into his neck. 

'I never met my parents, I don't know what my last name is, I've never really needed one.' I admitted. 

He took my face in his palms and looked me straight in the eyes, 'Whoever would want to abandon you is fucking stupid.' 

I laughed, a single tear falling in relief at having shared with someone our real names, I saw Denver in a new light in this moment, truly appreciating how this caring side of him came out when we were with each other and I had never been more grateful for having someone I finally felt I could be myself with.