Capitulo 16

'Shit they're interrogating him at the house in Toledo.' Rio exclaimed as Tokyo arrived with Berlin in tow. I refused to believe what I was seeing on the TV as we all stood crowded round it. The Professor surrounded by police officers in Toledo. He couldn't have been arrested, he was our ticket out of here.

'This must be part of his plan.' I offered, a pathetic attempt at convincing myself more than the others. 

Before anyone else could try and guess at what was going on on the screen in front of us, the signal cut out suddenly. 

'Shit!'

'They don't want us to know! We're screwed, they'll probably be coming in here soon.' Tokyo ranted, I could hear the edge in her voice that signalled her spiralling out of control and I looked warningly at Berlin, silently pleading for him to do something before things got out of hand. 'We can sit here for five hours with our arms crossed or we can fucking start Plan Chernobyl.'

'Plan Chernobyl is for desperate situations. It involves giving up all the money, and personally I have no desire to give that up, do you?' Berlin asked Tokyo intimidatingly. 

'Guys they have the Professor! There won't be a fucking escape tunnel because the police will be waiting for us.'

'The Professor still has five hours to call, I still believe in him. In fact, I'm not big on democracy but let's have a vote. Who still believes in the Professor?' Berlin turned to face us all slowly, his eyes landing on Helsinki first. 

'I believe in the Professor.' Helsinki sided with Berlin, followed soon after by Moscow and then a reluctant Nairobi. 

'Rio?' 

Rio shifted awkwardly under his scrutinising gaze but I knew that there was no way he would betray Tokyo, 'I believe what I see, and I see that we can't count on the Professor, I'm with Tokyo.' 

'Denver?'

'I vote we get out of here now, this whole being a millionaire thing doesn't suit me anymore.' He admitted.

I sighed when Berlin turned to me, a smirk on his face as he knew what my decision would be. Tokyo was my friend but she was a fucking lunatic sometimes, she would lead us all to our own destruction, the whole success of the plan revolved around having faith in the Professor. 'Four to three, do you want to join the winning side Vienna?' 

'I'm with the Professor.' I stated. Denver looked at me and I didn't avoid eye contact this time, I wasn't ashamed of my decision, my loyalties lay with the plan and with the Professor.

Tokyo scoffed 'With Berlin more like.' 

'I have to Tokyo, the Professor vowed to get us through this and he will. Berlin would've won the vote without my help anyway.' I added. 

Berlin chuckled triumphantly as we all started to file out of the room, the tension that had divided us becoming unbearable. I was scared Tokyo would murder me with just her stare if I stayed in that room any longer. 

'No answer again?' I asked from the doorway as I saw Berlin clench his jaw and put the phone down. 

'No.' Berlin sighed. 

'It's fine, there's still a couple of hours. We just need to contain Tokyo until then.' I smirked, trying to lighten the mood. 

Speak of the devil, Tokyo burst in before Berlin could reply, brandishing a gun with Denver and Rio right behind her. 

Berlin and I simultaneously pulled out our guns, both aiming at Tokyo. I tried to ignore Denver's presence but noticed as he refused to point his gun at me, instead holding it to Berlin's head.