Capitulo 24: We're Back

'Cumpleanos Feliz, Cumpleanos Feliz' I heard being sung quietly in my ear as I stirred from my sleep. I scoffed and rolled over to face a grinning Denver. 

'Happy' He pecked me on the lips before murmuring 'Birthday'. I smiled and draped my arms around his neck as he lay, leaning on his elbow and beaming down at me. 

'Gracias' I whispered as he pulled me into his chest, laying a kiss on my forehead.

'I could stay like this forever'

'I would agree but I think there's someone else who wants to wish you happy birthday.' Denver announced dramatically after a moment of content silence. 

I chuckled and played along, saying loudly, 'Hm I wonder who that could be?' I felt my heart swell as I heard giggling from the other side of the door before it burst open and the sound of tiny, but rapid, footsteps could be heard hurtling towards the bed. 

'It's Cairo!' I exclaimed in false shock as our son jumped on top of us.

'Happy birfday mama!' He managed to splutter out and I peppered him with kisses, making him squirm in glee. He wriggled out of my reach and teetered to his feet on top of the bed covers as Denver pretended to try and grab his feet. 

'What do you want to do today cielito?' Denver chuckled.

'Beach!' He cried out as he scrambled off the bed, waddling out the door to gather his items for the beach. Living in Bali for the past two and a half years, we savoured every last moment of peace in this paradise. I couldn't quite believe the tranquillity of our life and part of me felt like we were living on borrowed time; I could never fully let myself relax. 

As if he could read my mind, Denver turned my chin towards him, pushing a stray hair from my face, 'What are you thinking about mi amor?' 

I shook any ominous thoughts away and smiled up at him, 'Just about how lucky I am.'

'Ah si, you are very lucky to have such a handsome husband.' He grinned down at me before laughing in his unique way that I would never get tired of and kissed me once more before getting out of bed to see to our son. 

'Emilia?' He turned when he reached the door. 

'Si?' I smirked from the bed. 

'It's me who is the lucky one.'

We're back! Let me know how you're liking this tiny sneak peak into the next part of the heist! Thanks so so much for all the comments, votes and reads, I love seeing how people are reacting to the story!!! xoxox