Chapter Fourteen

When Yoongi heard the door open, he was moving rapidly around the kitchen, switching between magically moving spoons and ingredients before returning to the cutting board. Had it been his father cooking, the man would have let the magic do the work. But Yoongi had always thought it tasted better this way, with only a little magic but a ton of work. He diced the cucumber into strands, moving them to the side and pushing his sleeves back up his arms.

It's ironic how the one day he actually did something he chose to wear something with sleeves. Music played softly behind him, Kings of Leon, and he hummed along as his roommate entered the kitchen.

Jimin smiled, running a hand through his slightly damp hair. His tight clothes hung off him in all the right places as he threw his bag down by the couch.

"What are you making?" Jimin's voice cuts through the calm atmosphere, sweet and smooth.

"Pork-Bone ramen and california rolls." the elder said, his tail chopping and already made sushi roll, "I was feeling Japanese."

Jimin nodded with a smile as he walked into the kitchen and leaned against the counter next to Yoongi, looking up at him. "Need any help?"

Yoongi rolled his eyes, setting down a plate so his tail could move the rolls off the cutting board, "Wouldn't you rather shower? As hot as you look all sweaty and shit, you smell like ass."

Jimin fake gasped. "I smell manly, not bad."

"You're too cute to be manly," Yoongi chuckles, "-,but whatever helps you sleep at night." he added the chopped up vegetables to their own pots to cook, "It'll be ready as soon as these cook some." With a wave of his hand, the cutting board flies to the sink. Ramen bowls flew around and noodles and broth poured themselves into them. Slices of pork flew to rest on top, as well as bean sprouts. A single egg split itself in half in mid air.

Jimin watched in awe before finally realizing what Yoongi said. "Hey!" The boy huffs, "I can too be manly!" He leaned up off the counter and crossed his arms over his chest, no pout on his lips, but instead an eyebrow raised. "You think I can't be manly?"

Yoongi looked down at him from where he stood, an entire head taller than him, "I'm sorry what was that, you're too tiny to hear."

Jimin furrowed his brows. "You're mean," he stated before turning on his heel to walk out of the kitchen.

"I know!" he called back, plating the sushi for him and the boy and topping the ramen off with the previously steaming veggies. Placing the bowls on the bar counter, he turned off the stove and poured some wine in a cup for himself. Setting another cup full of sprite and cranberry juice aside for Jimin. His tail enjoyed acting as a bartender.

Jimin peaked out from behind the corner of the hallway. "You do know I don't drink, right?"

"It's juice." the elder explained, "Although every other kid your age drinks, but go off I guess."

Yoongi grabbed some chopsticks and tossed them on the counter, "I won't waste my wine on you, don't worry."

Jimin pouted. "Maybe I wanted to drink with you tonight."

"You never want to drink with me, I've giving up on trying to convince you" The demon huffed, moving to sit on his usual stool.

"Well, I do today," Jimin said, crossing his arms. "When I get back I want there to be two glasses of wine, not just one." And with that, he started off towards his room to change out of his dance clothes.

Yoongi's tail rose next to him, and he just looked over at it and shrugged. He snapped, and the glass drained as he poured actual wine into it.

Maybe two minutes passed before Jimin returned, sporting cotton shorts and an oversized hoodie, shuffling as he made his way back to his seat. He smiled at the wine glass. "Thanks," he said quietly.