Chapter 8

I made my way closer inch by inch. When I was close enough to the truck, I saw someone had made their way out and was dressed in armor. They had started to make a run for it but they weren't gonna get away that easily. I aimed and fired at their leg. It was a man that shouted and keeled over, cradling his leg. He then proceeded to try to get away by crawling. There was a bus that had been left on its side and crouched behind it was Michonne. She took her katana out of its sheath and was about to put an end to him but I stopped her.

"Don't!" I shouted.

I got closer and watched as the guy was still struggling to get away.

"Why spare him? This piece of shit attacked us," she said.

"There was a reason I didn't fire multiple shots into his head. We are gonna get some answers from him. Like who he's with for one thing," I said.

I looked over toward a jeep that was parked a few feet away and my eyes widened. I picked up my rifle and aimed it right at him.

"Kari!" Michonne shouted.

She pulled me behind the bus just before a bullet could pierce my body for the second time. I breathed in and out.

"It's him, Michonne. He fucking found us...but...how could he have...we...we were so careful," I said in disbelief.

"Kari. We need to focus. Hershel is out in the field by himself, we have to work together in order to get him out. Do you understand?" she asked.

I was still in disbelief that that asshole had found us. I couldn't wrap my mind around it. How? How was he able to find this place?

"Kari!" Michonne said shaking me back into the now.

I shook my head.

"We have to get Hershel," she said.

"Right. Sorry. But how are we gonna get to him?" I asked.

Michonne carefully peeked over the bus.

"He's gone," she said.

"Wait, what?" I asked.

I went to where she was and had a look for myself. The jeep had turned back around.

"No. NO!" I shouted.

I started to make my way toward it but again Michonne stopped me by pulling my arm.

"Enough. We have other problems," she said gesturing toward the field.

I looked over to see the multiple walkers that were roaming around the area. In the distance, I saw Hershel trying his best to keep them from reaching him.

"Hershel," I said.

Michonne took care of the guy that we had left alive. We didn't need the answers anymore. I ran toward the field, taking out the walkers that reached out toward me.

"Hershel. Are you hurt?" I asked the second I had reached him.

"No, dear," he said.

"Come on. Let's get you back," I said.

I had him wrap his arm around me and could hear a truck coming toward us.

"Get in," Glenn said.

Hershel and I went over to the passenger's side and made sure Hershel was in before I turned to call Michonne. She had just finished slicing through a walker before she came over to us.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah," she said.

"Kari. Michonne. Get in now," Glenn shouted.