Chapter 11

Maggie smiled softly then turned to look at the others.

"Well?" she asked.

There was a proud smile on Hershel and Rick's faces.

"I should be asking you that," Rick said.

"Or maybe we should be asking Kari. What do you want to do?" she turned to ask me.

All eyes were on me.

"I want him dead. But how to do that is something that I can't answer. Just as long as I'm the one to do so, you guys can come up with a plan. Merle? You know how he thinks. What do you say?" I asked.

Merle was still in his cell. He rested his arms on the bars and smiled.

"We really gonna listen to what he has to say?" Glenn asked, sounding annoyed.

"He was like his second in command. We have to," I said.

"That whole thing with the walkers, that was just him ringing the doorbell. Right now he's probably convincing his followers that he and his other minions were attacked. They'll believe him easily cause those people want nothing more than to be safe. They'll agree to anything. He'll build up an army and then he'll come back. From what I've seen, y'all don't have half the firepower he will," he said.

"Wow. Thanks for your optimism, Merle," I retorted.

"You asked for it, sweetheart, there you go," he said.

"So what are we supposed to do?" Glenn asked.

"We could always leave," Hershel said.

Everyone turned around and stared.

"Why would that even be an option?" Andrea asked.

"Why risk losing each other when we could just flee?" he continued.

"Hershel, that won't do any good. Your leg...I don't want you straining yourself if you don't need to. Not to mention Judith's crying would draw walkers no matter where we go. In here, she's safe. We all are," I said.

"Daddy, after what we went through to get here, are you seriously considering just giving all that up?" Beth asked.

"I want you all safe. Is that too much to ask?" he said.

"We ain't leaving," Daryl said flatly.

Everyone then turned to him.

"We ain't leaving. Not after what he did to her and not after what he did here. We ain't giving this place up. Not to an asshole like him," he continued.

I couldn't help but be even more grateful to have him back with us.

"We're low on ammo, Daryl. We wouldn't even be able to make a dent if this guy's preparing what Merle says he is," Hershel said.

"Can't we go out and scavenge some more?" Maggie asked.

"It's not safe. We don't know where he's lurking around," Hershel said.

"Goddammit! That asshole knew what he was doing when he came here. I can't fucking believe him!" I shouted getting up and beginning to pace.

Michonne then came up and stopped me.

"What if you and I went and took care of him?" she said.

I stopped and looked at her.

"We could sneak in. We both know how," I said.

Why hadn't I thought of it before? Michonne and I shared a hatred for him. Together we'd be able to take him out once and for all.

"No. I won't let you go," Hershel came over and said.