keep her safe

Gabriel held nathalies hand tightly, tears running down his face. He was gripping the phone in his hand. "Please get here as soon as possible!" He said into the phone, adrain was next to him, crying of fear.

Nathalie was unconscious, covered in blood.

"Father is she going to be okay?" Adrain cried. For once Gabriel didn't know, he was terrified.. he already lost Emillie, he cannot lose Natalie next. He heard the ambulance outside of the house, Adrian ran downstairs to open the door. Gabriel stayed next to Natalie, she was still breathing but this was a lot worse than normal. He cupped her cheek, crying quietly. "My dear please be alright, if I lose you I will never be able to recover... You taught me to live again... How to love..." He sobbed. "Please I beg of you wake up..." He kisses her cheek, making sure that she was still breathing as well. Multiple doctors came in, looking her over as gabriel tried to comfort Adrian, he was crying loudly. "We need to get her to the hospital." One of the doctors said. "Get the stretcher."

Gabriel was in the ambulance, still holding on to Adriens shoulder. Nathalie was the unconscious, by the looks of it the blood had came out of her mouth. This wasn't normal, well... Not the amount. her skin was a lot more pale, not to mention she didn't wake up at the few shakes up a shoulder like she normally would. They got to the hospital, she was taken out as adrain and gabriel were behind the doctors taking her inside. Nathalies miraculous was tucked away in Gabriel's pocket, safe... They got her in, gabriel and adrain followed, but we're stopped. "I'm sorry, she needs to be left-" a doctor was interrupted by Gabriel. "That's my wife, she's sick I need to-"
"Father please, let them do what they need..." Adrain says. Gabriel looked down to him. "Fine then..." He sighed heavily before seeing the doors close, the doors closed to the room Natalie was going into. "I'll bring you too the waiting room." The doctor said as she brought both the boys, Adrian was trying his hardest not to cry and the same was with Gabriel. There was a surprisingly no one, which was shocking. "We will get you when she is stable." She walked off, smiling slightly. Adrain threw himself into Gabriel's arms as soon as she was no longer there, starting to cry again. Gabriel took off his glasses, also crying. Both stayed there for what felt like an eternity, just holding each other. "Was this because of the miraculous..." adrain sobbed. Gabriel wiped his eyes, taking out the Miraculous. He looked at it from all angles, then putting his glasses on. "This doesn't seem to be damaged..." He placed it back in his pocket. "But I think I know what it is..."

"So you think that's what happened?" Adrain says, wiping his tears again. "That's what I think, I think her body was still damaged from the miraculous despite the fact it's fixed now. The wounds are permanent, don't forget." Gabriel sighed, feeling total lost. It was raining outside, all dark. Still no information on Natalie, it was killing them. What is she is it all right? what if something even more terrible was about to happen? What if they lost her... Gabriel could fall back into his depression, keeping Adrian home and just... It was crazy for both of them, both just wanted to hold Natalie in their arms again. They didn't just want Natalie better, they needed her better. Thier world's had become fixed, Gabriel now knows how to let things go and restart... Adrain was thinking back to the first time he called Natalie mom, how he heard her squealing from behind the door, and how she was talking to someone else, someone with a squeaky voice.

"Adrain, Mr. Agreste?" A small female voice said, early on in the morning. "Hm..." Adrain woke up, Meeting eyes with his girlfriend. "Mari?" He smiles slightly, his cheeks were still stained with tears. Gabriel was next to wake up, still exhausted. Both only got about an hour of sleep. "I came here to stay with you, I knew that you both would be devastated... I got a text from Adrian last night, but I was already asleep.." she sighs. "I came here to also give you these." She handed out a box of macarons, nicely organized in a gradient order. "I hope they do you good." She smiles. "I really hope she's going to be okay..." Gabriel sighed, looking up to her. "Thank you, thank you very much."

"Mr. Agreste?" A doctor says, appearing next to the desk in the front of the hospital. "you'll be able to visit your wife, as she is now in stable condition." He smiles. Gabriel and adrain shot up, relieved and at the same time ecstatic. They weren't going to lose her! They'll get to see her! "Please, lead the way." Gabriel sighed of relief, holding adrains hand. he was jumping up and down from excitement, excitement that she was all right. "Follow me then gentleman." He smiles, showing them the way. Adrain was excited, but also worried. The same emotions going on with his father. "Now, we are still debating whether today or tomorrow she should go home. Maybe the next day we don't know just yet." He said opening the door, adrain ran inside "mother!?"
"Adrain please-" gabriel stopped, Seeing nathalie.

"Boys?" the Small fragile girl smiled, she was in the hospital bed, connected to IVs. There was a small heart monitor next to her, and a mask on her face to help her breathe. "Nathalie!" Gabriel ran over, feeling tears running down his face as he cupped her cheek. "My dear nathalie..." He sobbed, adrain started crying as she held their hands. "I'm not leaving this world without a fight, and by the looks of it I'm going home..." She smiles weakly. Both couldn't stop crying. "Never do that again!" Adrain cried. "I don't think I will..." She looked to the doctor. "Yes there seems to be some blood in her lungs as well as a few other problems, but they'll be fixable and she'll make a full recovery." He smiles. Gabriel tried to stop crying but it was useless, she was going to be alright, she would be coming home with them. She'll continue to live the rest of her life with them.

"So, how are you feeling?" Gabriel Smiles, moving nathalies wheelchair. they decided that it would be the best decision for her for a little bit, considering she was still dizzy when standing. "I'm fine, alot better then normal." She smiles, looking to adrain and Marinette. "I'm so happy that you're all right, Mrs. Agreste." Marinette giggles holding adrains hand. "If anything I'm relieved more than any of you." Gabriel says helping her into the front seat. "Prove it dad!" Adrain says laughing in the back with Marinette. "Fine then." Gabriel looked to nathalie before Kissing her gently, not holding back. Nathalie blushes and Smiles before Kissing back, missing his lips. "Okay okay you can stop now!" Plagg yelled, hiding in adrains jacket. A of them laughed as gabriel drove them home. "Fatherrrr?" Adrain asked with the kitty eyes. "Can Mari please stay overnight?"
"Why is that exactly-"
"As long as she doesn't mind." Nathalie interrupted with a smirk, Gabriel didn't say anything, but did whisper something to Natalie. "You cheeky little peacock." He smiles giving her a pet. To which she cooed in return. "Yesss!" Adrain and Marinette said at the same time. "Well we're back." He smiles, bringing them inside, helping nathalie into the wheelchair. Adrain and Marinette we're talking as they all went inside, smiling. "Why don't we all rest for a bit?" Gabriel says smiling. "Done." Natalie says immediately. "Done then!" Adrain and Marinette said as they a went to the living room, Nathalie was talking with them, happy. They all are later on, getting ready for bed. Gabriel helped nathalie into her sleep clothing, then brushing her hair.

"Nathalie..." He whispered, holding her close under the covers. "My dear nathalie..." He placed his head on hers, stroking her hair. She smiles slightly, closing her eyes. "Yes..." "I'm sorry I didn't realize this feeling sooner, just one year ago I gave up this silly obsession, and you made my life a hundred times better. I married you, you became my new partner... You Taught me how to live and love again, you taught me how to become a better father..." his eyes teared up. "You gave me my life back, I don't know how I can ever repay you for doing so..." He kisses her head gently, smiling. "You do it everyday, just you smiling or giving me and Adrian some love is I'm ever going to need..." She felt herself crying. "I don't need anything else in this world but you and Adrian, everything else can just..." She sobbed, holding onto him. "I can't express how much I love you..." She whispers and smiles. "I look forward to the rest of my life with you, my little peacock, you will always be that one thing in my life that will never cause me sadness." He turned off the light. "It's You and Me Against the world." He smiles, closing his eyes. "Always.."

~THE END~

WHOA WHOA WHOA WE ARE NOT DONE JUST YET, I HAVE SOMETHING I NEED TO SAY.
I worked on this story for what felt like a year now, I started this adventure when I was going through a really hard time with depression. I love this story for so long and yet I feel so sad to see it end, I wish that I can keep on going forever and ever. I've got huge amounts of love for the story, and it's a shame to see that I won't be writing any more chapters. I just need to say thank you all, thank you for encouraging me and thank you for making the story come to life.

-yuki