[07] eric's buddy

Eric's Buddy

After school, Izzy stood by her locker with Donna. "Are you excited for the science project?" Izzy asked.

"I'm excited that we're partners. The project itself? Not so much."

"Don't worry, it'll be a piece of cake, I love this unit and all the stuff we've learned this week, it's just, like, so fun."

"'It's just, like, so fun!'" Hyde mocked walking up to the two girls with Kelso. "Izzy, I think you're the only person on the planet who thinks chemistry is fun."

Izzy shrugged. "It's like one big puzzle, and everything fits in perfectly!"

"Puzzles are not perfect." Kelso said. "I've never finished a puzzle, the pieces just don't fit together!"

"That's just 'cause you're an idiot." Hyde said.

"Okay, well we gotta get going, Eric'll be waiting." Izzy said, closing her locker.

"Hey, weren't you wearing a jacket earlier?" Donna asked.

Izzy stopped. "Oh, damn it! I must have left in fifth period."

"Don't like chem as much now, huh, Izzy Bee? Holding your jacket hostage like that..."

"Shut up, or I won't let you copy my homework anymore." She said with a laugh.

Izzy and the two boys bid Donna farewell as she headed out to her dad's car. As Izzy walked outside, she immediately regretted not going back for her jacket. She started shivering as soon as they left the building, so Hyde opened his arms and she practically ran to the warmth that was his arms and his coat.

"Hey, where's Eric?" Kelso asked, seeing there wasn't anyone around the parked Vista Cruiser.

"I don't know, he should be out here." Izzy said as they all walked over. "Let's just wait a little, maybe he's got to finish up some work."

-

"Okay, here the hell's Forman, man? This isn't like him." Hyde said.

Kelso's eyes were wide as he said, "I'm really starting to get worried. What if something happened to him?"

"Nothing happened to him." Hyde said gruffly.

"No, seriously, what if he's lost? Or hurt somewhere?" Izzy wondered.

"Calm down, Lassie. I'm sure Timmy's just fine." Hyde said, resting his chin on top of Izzy's head.

Kelso nodded. "Yeah, maybe we should check the school morgue."

Hyde scowled. "Kelso, the school doesn't have a morgue."

"Then what do we pay all those taxes for?!"

"You know what kills me, Kelso? You do better in school than I do."

"Hyde, everyone does better in school than you." Izzy giggled.

"I'm worried, man." Kelso said.

Hyde huffed, clearly resisting being the voice of reason, but finally giving in. "Ok, fine, now let's just be logical, right? I mean, Forman's not gonna just ditch us. The Cruiser's battery's probably dead or something."

Kelso walked over and tried to open one of the doors, but to no avail. "You know what, it's starting to get late. Maybe we should just start walking." He said.

"No no no, I am not walking! It's way too cold, and--no offense Steven--but I don't want to walk home packed like sardines in your coat."

Hyde just sighed and let go of Izzy, who regretted her words right away. As she opened her mouth to say something, Hyde took off his coat and wrapped it around Izzy, saying, "If God wanted us to walk, he wouldn't have given us Forman."