[63] let's spend the night together

Let's Spend the Night Together

Sitting in the basement one afternoon, Izzy watched as Eric, Fez, and Hyde all stood around Donna, petting her hair. Izzy was next to Donna on the couch, laughing at how uncomfortable she looked.

"Mmm. Blonde," Eric said contentedly. "More fun. Everything is more fun!"

Fez smiled. "Donna, if only you knew what I would like to do with you and your new hair, you will beat the crap out of me."

"I might just beat the crap out of you anyway," Donna chuckled.

Fez's eyes widened. "Yes!"

Izzy laughed. "Why do you guys never act this way towards me? I'm a blonde."

Hyde thought for a moment as he sat in his chair. "I did. You just always laughed it off."

"Me as well," Fez said.

"I never did," Eric said. "Because I'm your brother, and I'm not from Alabama."

Izzy laughed. "Thank you, Eric."

"So, now that Donna's not Big Red anymore, guess we'll have to go back to what we called her when she was twelve," Hyde paused, grinning. "Jugs-A-Poppin'."

Donna sighed. "Man, I hated Jugs-A-Poppin'!"

"Well, you shouldn't've have poppin' jugs!"

"Speaking of objectifying women," Donna nudged Izzy, then turned to Jackie, who was sitting on top of the freezer. "You two, there's a Take Back the Night rally tonight at the park. Do you wanna go?"

Jackie jumped off the freezer, brushing her hands off on her pants. "Oh, and be with your deep-voiced gal pals? Hm, no thank you!"

"This is important, Jackie," Izzy said. "Women should be able to walk through the park at night without being harassed by weirdo men!"

Fez looked shocked. "Hey, that was one time!"

Izzy sighed and turned to Donna. "I'd love to go, but I can't tonight."

"I'll go," Eric shrugged.

Donna raised her eyebrows. "Really? You'll be, like, the only guy there. Although there is some question about Shirley."

"No, it'll be great! Why don't you drop by when Hyde's dad is here? And we'll go after that."

"Oh yeah, Steven. I totally forgot, it's the big night," Jackie said. "And it's an even bigger night for me. I'm meeting Nick's parents today! He and I are gonna drive to Milwaukee for dinner, he said it'll be someplace really nice. How exciting is that?!"

There was a pause in the room.

"Uh, no offense, Jackie," Izzy said carefully. "But I think Steven meeting his real father overrules anything else of relative importance."

Eric snickered. "Not like meeting Nick's parents is even close to relative importance."

"Get off the phone!" Kelso screamed, throwing the basement door open before Jackie could respond to Eric. He paused, seeing that no one was near the phone. "Okay. Any minute now, Brooke is going into labor," he headed over to the phone and sat on the couch's armrest. "Alright, now I gave her the numbers of all the places I was going to be. I cannot miss this call!" He dialed her number on the phone and waited for her to pick up. As he did, he glanced over at Donna. "Lookin' good there, Big Red."

Izzy laughed. "We're going with Jugs-A-Poppin' again."

"Oh, that's a good one! And it's as true now as it was the first day of fifth grade."