[47] i can't quit you, baby

I Can't Quit You, Baby

Izzy climbed back up the stairs, quickly mentally preparing herself for Red to kill her, while trying not to make it obvious what had just happened in the basement. Hyde walked upstairs a few steps behind her, admiring his view from behind.

When they got to the top of the stairs, he turned to her. "Ready?"

She laughed breathlessly and nodded. "As I'll ever be."

He leaned down for a slow kiss, trying to drag out the last moment the two of them had in peace. She giggled when their lips parted and took his hand in hers, leading him towards all the others in the other room.

"Oh. Izzy Bee, wait."

They stopped in the threshold of the living room, and he tugged slightly on the buttons of her shirt to make her face him. "Your shirt. Button the-"

Izzy looked down and noticed the top buttons of her blouse were all mismatched. "Oh. Yeah."

"Yeah, and don't forget the- yeah- the top button. Okay. You're good."

"Isabelle!"

Izzy and Hyde's heads snapped over to where Red was standing, pointing at the empty spot in the couch next to Eric and Donna, whose jaws were dropped open. They were watching Izzy and Hyde, and the way Izzy was walking, and the way she kept absentmindedly flattening her hair. All that, along with both of their flushed cheeks, meant only one thing.

"Isabelle, sit down!" Kitty said shrilly.

"Steven, what the hell are you doing up here? Go back downstairs!" Red yelled.

"Yes, sir!" Hyde said quickly. Before he could walk away, he wrapped an arm around Izzy's waist, pulling her close. She let out a little squeal as he did, but quickly shut up when he pressed his lips to her one last time.

He pulled away, opened one eye, and saw Red standing there, fuming. He coughed once.

"Good luck." He said quietly before rushing downstairs.

Izzy meekly walked past her mother to sit down next to Donna, who, along with Eric, were looking at her with wide eyes.

She looked over at them and, running her fingers through her hair to tame it, said, "What's up with you two? You look like you've seen a ghost."

"Yeah, the ghost of your virginity." Donna whispered.

Izzy's eyes widened. "How did you-"

"Of all the dumbass stunts you kids have pulled," Red said, turning the kids' attention back to him. "This little California adventure takes the dumbass cake!"

"We are very disappointed in you two." Kitty said, looking between the twins. "Even though going to California to rescue Donna is one of the most romantic things I've ever heard of!"

"That's true!" Bob said. "If he woulda gone by horse, they woulda made it a movie."

Donna stood up slowly. "Look, Mr. Forman? Before you get all scary and pink, I just want to say that running away to California was completely selfish and immature."

Izzy nodded and stood up with her. "A- And avoiding my problems is a really dumbass-y thing to do, and that I should man up and face them head on."

Eric joined the girls on his feet. "And, as for me, as long as I live under your roof and eat your food, I should be doing things your way."

There was a pause. For a moment, the kids thought they had gotten away with it. Then...

"What a load of crap."