[35] canadian road trip

Canadian Road Trip

"Forman, I gotta talk to you."

Eric looked up from loading the trunk of his car. "Yeah, what's up? You ready for the road trip?" He asked with a grin.

"Yeah, totally." Hyde's voice was monotonous, which made Eric furrow his brow and close his trunk.

"Okay, what is it this time?"

Hyde let out a breath through his teeth. "I wanna tell Izzy."

Eric's eyes widened. "Really? Hey, that's great, man!"

"No! No, it's not." He licked his lips awkwardly. "I don't know how to do it. A- And I figured, like, hey... nice trip to Canada and all that..."

Eric's jaw dropped. "Hyde, that's actually really romantic. What's wrong with you? Are you feeling okay?" He pressed his hand to Hyde's forehead, laughing, but Hyde just hit his hand away.

"Seriously, Forman! I don't know what to do, and you somehow got Donna, so you must know something about this shit... right?"

Eric slung an arm across Hyde's shoulders. "Okay, man. I'll help you out. Here's what you're gonna do..."

-

"Okay guys! Road trip checklist!" Izzy said, walking out of the house with Fez to see Eric and Hyde sitting on the hood of the Cruiser. Eric was talking about something, and Hyde was intently listening. They looked up quickly when she came out, and got off the car. "Car? Check." She paused, then clapped her hands together. "Okay, we're good!"

"Is there anything we need to know about Canada before we get there?" Fez asked.

"The beer is stronger. And, as a result, their women look prettier." Hyde said, resulting in a punch to the arm from Eric.

"Really?" Fez asked, eyes wide. "Then let's haul ass to Canada!"

"Okay, Fez, ssh." Eric said. "Listen, if my dad finds out that we're going to Canada, uh, for beer, no less? He's gonna start killing people, okay?"

"Alright!" Kelso yelled at top volume, running up to the group. "Canada! Woo hoo! Beer!" He lifted an air horn and immediately Izzy felt Hyde put his hands over her ears to muffle the loud noise.

"Kelso, you're not going." Eric said.

"What? Why not?"

"Cause this is a risky mission," Hyde explained, "and you tend to screw these things up."

"That is a damnable lie!"

Izzy laughed. "Kelso, remember the time my science teacher gave me a C and we all went to put a flaming bag of dog poop on her doorstep?"

"Yeah."

"And... you lit it in the car on the way over?"

"I wanted to see it all flamey!"

"And then you panicked and stepped on it?"

"Forwoman, it was on fire!"

"Okay," Eric laughed. "You're not going."

"No no no, fine! I won't use the air horn!" Eric shot Kelso an unimpressed look. "And I'll pay for the gas." No response. "And the beer."

A grin broke out on Eric's face. "I can't stay mad at you! C'mon, you big lug!"

Everyone turned to get into the car, and sitting in Hyde's usual spot in the backseat was Leo.

"Hey dudes."