[28] baby fever

Baby Fever

"Check it out, guys!" Izzy said cheerfully, entering the basement. Donna followed behind her, a wide smile on her face. "Donna got her very first story into the school paper!"

"Hey, neat!" Eric said.

"I know, right?" Donna handed him the paper and watched intently as he skimmed it.

"Ha, they spelled your name wrong. Apparently you're Donna Pincipotti."

Kelso snickered. "That's funny, cause it's got the potty sound in it."

"Hey, you know what else is a funny sound?" Izzy asked, giving Kelso a swift hit to the back of the head before she went and sat at Hyde's feet.

Donna laughed. "Seriously though, this is so cool! My name--well, almost--in print!"

"Kelso, man," Hyde said. "Where the hell is Jackie with your van? I wanna get outta here."

"Ah, she had to help her aunt move a couch."

"Why did you let Jackie have your van?" Fez asked. "She hates you, man."

Kelso shrugged. "I'm trying to get on her good side, Fez. I mean, this is a small town with a limited number of women. Now, Izzy keeps insisting we hook up, but our relationship is just too strong for that. So, I'm back around to Jackie."

Izzy scowled and threw a stray pillow at Kelso. "I do not insist!"

"Yes, Izzy has a very beautiful boyfriend." Fez said. "Who looks like his face was chiseled from the finest Greek marble."

Kelso's jaw dropped. "I thought I was the only Greek statue in town!"

Izzy shrugged. "Whatever, I haven't talked to Nick in weeks, so..."

This piqued Hyde's interest. He leaned forward in his chair, looking at Izzy. "You two broke up?"

"No, no..." She chuckled awkwardly. "Nothing like that."

"Oh."

"It's just-"

Izzy was cut off by Jackie throwing the basement door open and skipping up to Kelso. "Hey!"

Kelso stood up. "Hey! So... how'd it go, baby?"

"Oh, great!" Jackie handed him his keys.

"Cool!"

"Yeah- oh! Except for when I crashed your van. But, other than that," She flashed him a grin and two thumbs-up, "cool."

-

The gang all stood in the driveway, examining what was left of Kelso's van. The bumper was half off, one of the doors was hanging off its hinges, and the other was simply missing.

"How did this happen?" Kelso asked in bewilderment. "Jackie, how?"

"Michael, like I said-"

"How?!"

"Coming out of the driveway-"

"How?!" He yelled.

"Kelso, calm down." Izzy said. "It'll be okay, you can get it fixed-"

Hyde came up to Izzy, snaking his arm around her waist. "Come on, Kelso. Let those of us--who aren't you--enjoy this moment."

"Besides, it's not all that bad!" Izzy said cheerfully. She reached for the remaining door. "This door still works!" She went to open it and jumped back as it fell to the ground, a yelp escaping her lips. Hyde just chuckled and put his arm back to where it was. "Nevermind." She squeaked. "It's all that bad."