[24] jackie moves on

Jackie Moves On

"Oh, hey, you guys, guess what part of my body I nicknamed 'Pink Floyd'?" Kelso asked with a big grin when Donna and Eric entered the basement.

"Shut up!" Donna said, sitting on the couch alongside her boyfriend.

"Well Jackie thought it was cute!"

"Well Jackie's not here anymore." Eric said.

Donna looked over at Izzy, who was sitting in Hyde's chair. "Izzy and I were over at Jackie's this morning."

Izzy's eyes widened. "Oh my god, yeah. She's so down, I feel so bad for her."

"She's taking the breakup pretty hard, huh?" Kelso asked. "Cool."

Hyde left his room to join everyone. "Shut up, man. You cried like a baby." He said, sitting at Izzy's feet. When she saw him leave his room, she started to get up, but he just set a hand on her shoulder in a silent Stay in the chair, it's okay.

"Woah! I did not cry! I had something in my eye."

"For a week?"

"I have allergies, alright?" Kelso looked around at everyone staring, unconvinced, at him. "Is it so wrong to feel?!"

"Anyway, Jackie's in, like, really bad shape." Donna said.

Fez stood up. "So Kelso, now that you and Jackie are no longer an item, I can ask her out, right?"

"What?! No! Since when did you like Jackie, Fez?"

"Fez, I don't think that's a good idea." Izzy said quietly. She put her legs on the arm of the chair, sitting sideways so Hyde could put his sunglasses on her.

"Yeah Fez, man, that's a bad idea. Jackie's on the rebound right now, just give her a break."

"What?! Since when do you like Jackie, Hyde?! Alright, does everybody here now like Jackie?!"

Eric slowly raised his hand. "I still don't."

"Thank you!"

"Fez, I just think Jackie's really vulnerable right now." Izzy continued, playing with the sunglasses.

"Yes, so I must move fast before she gets her self-esteem back."

"No!" Izzy yelled, taking her empty soda can off the ground and chucking it at Fez, who let out a small, "Ay!" and ducked.

"Yeah, can't blame her for being down. After all, I did dump her."

Eric furrowed his brow. "Actually she dumped you."

"I don't wanna get into specifics."

"Nothing will stop me from asking Jackie on a date! Not even ninjas." Fez said, striking a pose.

"Go ahead, Fez. Ask Jackie out. She won't say yes, because you're foreign, but ask her." Kelso instigated.

"Damn right I will!"

-

In the kitchen, Laurie was rummaging through Kitty's purse until Kitty came into the kitchen and ran to stop her. "No, Laurie! I am not giving you fifteen dollars for new hot rollers!"

Izzy, who was sitting in one of the barstools, laughed. "Laurie, straight hair is not the end of the world. I have straight hair, and I'm pretty hot."

"Oh shut up! You've only ever had one boyfriend, what do you know about being hot?"

"At least I don't get a new one every hour."