kagehina: cheer up!

+ a/n: a kageyama x hinata fluff as requested by @yeagerists , thank you so much for sending in this request and i really hope you enjoy this!

this is also dedicated to jjashinee , my dear flirting expert.

kageyama tobio has always been a man of few words and the lack of variety in his facial emotions has always put him at a disadvantage when it came to socialising and interacting with other people

that said, hinata had never dwelled much over kageyama's lack of expressions and treated the latter like any other regular person. hinata being the more socially apt individual was always being surrounded by people who were attracted to his bright personality.

kageyama, on the other hand, could only be envious of his boyfriend from afar. he felt pressured to become friendlier and welcoming, especially since his partner is as such.

it has been bothering him for quite some time, he wants to make friends with hinata's friends as well but they seemed rater terrified whenever he appeared behind his boyfriend.

he was getting rather self-conscious after a girl who was talking to hinata during lunch break caught sight of him and scurried off so swiftly alongside a face filled with fear.

hinata didn't seem to mind kageyama's terrible social skills but instead was rather thankful for it. he knew kageyama was rather popular with the girls in school because of his good looks, especially after the prefectural finals against shiratorizawa when they saw how charming and mesmerizing his gameplay was. the only reason why he rarely got confessions was that they were absolutely frightened of him.

they got together right before they were bound for the spring high volleyball nationals when kageyama made an extremely direct confession out of the blue during practice, "oi, boke, i like you."

"wow, you call that a confession, kageyama-kun?" a mocking voice commented from behind them.

"shut up, tsukishima," he growled at the lanky blonde male, "at least i have the balls to confess. unlike you."

while the two were bickering, as usual, yamaguchi was busy trying to resurrect hinata who had fainted after hearing kageyama's unexpected confession.

but of course, hinata readily accepted kageyama's confession.

for the last week or so, hinata had quickly caught on to kageyama's worries — especially since the latter couldn't succeed at even seventy per cent of his tosses. and his serves which poor hinata was forced to receive almost made the redhead's arms snap off.

"oi kageyama," hinata called as they walked side by side along the way out of school. the two had ended practice later today after a practice match with date tech.

"what?" the bluenette growled, his eyebrows were seriously creased, and he wore a meaner scowl from the usual one he has.

"if you keep frowning like that, you're going get wrinkles soon enough."

"hah?" kageyama shot the shorter boy a dirty glare, making him retreat into the background, with his arms held out in front of him.

hinata breathed out heavily, trying to gather his courage to say what he wanted to his boyfriend, "you know, you don't have to try to become friendly, you're fine the way you are. i like you this way. you look very handsome when you're not doing anything actually."

"s-shut up, b-b-boke," kageyama turned evidently flustered as he stammered and looked away, staring into the distance, at the starry night sky, trying his best to hide his beet-red face from hinata.

"i may be a middle blocker but i will never ever block your hugs or kisses," hinata blurted out.

"huh?"

"if i serve my heart to you, would you receive it?" hinata continued, ignoring kageyama's perplexed gaze.

"if i were a volleyball, i would let you hit on me all day."

"so you're a setter, looks like i can't take you on a 'double' date."

"you must be a setter because you're good with your hands— oh no, that sounds a bit dirty."

"you play volleyball? let me grab some knee pads, so i can slide into your DMs."

"are you kageyama? because i'll let you rule my court."

"do you watch haikyuu? because i lai-kyuu."

"i may be karasuno's best decoy but you're the 10 to me."

hinata finally mustered up the courage to look at his dear boyfriend, only to be disappointed when he saw the frown on kageyama's face, "what were those supposed to be?"

"pick-up lines, dumbass!" hinata hollered at the taller boy, obviously disheartened the latter wasn't able to appreciate the pick-up lines he had very seriously set to memorise in an attempt to cheer him up.

"those were bad."

hinata rolled his eyes as he tried to wreck his head for other pick-up lines he had made up during lessons throughout the day. he had written them down in his math textbook but he left that in school under his desk.

"i must be daichi-san now because i died falling too hard for you."

"that's pretty dark."

"okay, okay," hinata calmed himself down, preparing himself for the next one, "hai there, kyuu-tie!" hinata tried his best to send kageyama a wink and jazz hands but he just looked like he got something stuck in his eye.

hinata finally saw a change in kageyama's usual stoic expression. not only his cheeks but his whole face turned red. his ears were not covered and the light from the lamppost gave hinata a clear view of kageyama's ears, it was obvious they were as rosy as his face.

hinata took this chance to shoot his shot was the last pick-up line he had in his head (only because his brain was at full storage), "are you kageyama? because i want tobio-urs."

that was it. kageyama finally started malfunctioning, "w-w-what?"

hinata beamed proudly as he hopped in position, jumping up to place a quick kiss on the taller boy's already burning cheeks, "i love you the way you are! so cheer up already!" and quickly, hinata took the chance to run from his lover.

a blush seared through his cheeks and for a second he thought his face was on fire. he suddenly felt awkward, demure, and coy; even going as far as attempting to hide his rosy features behind his slim fingers. and when he regained his posture, he took off for the smaller boy, "BOKE! HINATA BOKE!!"

coach ukai exasperatedly shot his head out of his family's store, as he irritatedly hollered at the two teenagers, "shut up and go home!"

- - - - - - - - - -

+a/n: all rightful credit for all these pickup lines belong to the wonderful weebs on tiktok! ;) what a magical place