kuroo testuro: prince charming

"prince charming has arrived!" kuroo announced from the front of the door of your apartment

"in here," you voice was so hoarse it was as if someone was scraping across your throat. it was not pleasant.

your breath quivered in short, quick gasps every time you inhaled, your lungs having no choice but to painfully and rigidly take in the chilled air around you.

you were supposed to visit some newly-opened food centre that apparently sells really good grilled salted mackerel pike — kuroo's and your favourite comfort food — and the two of you were planning to visit the place until you woke up with a terrible fever and cold.

even under a light cotton sheet, you were radiating heat like a brick right out of the oven. kuroo could hear your coughing and wheeze clearly from outside the house, it was a barking cough that carried well though walls and the still late winter air.

"wow, you look like absolute shit," he comments as he swung the door of your bedroom open, staring at you while you were trying to wrap yourself like a burrito.

you groaned as you shot the boy a dirty glare, "can't you be more romantic sometimes? we have been dating for years already, god damn it."

"are you sick or have you gotten your period?"

"get out."

"are you sure? i would totally do that."

you frowned at him but mumbled under your breath, "no, get the hell over and give me the meds."

he chuckled, it was so easy to tick you off and it was never hard for him to get you to give in.

he sat next to you on the bed, raising the back of his palm to your forehead, "damn, you're burning up."

"thanks, i woke up like this," you tried your best to wink at the male but the pain in your head was making you look like you got a seizure instead.

kuroo's face scrunched up in disgust as he pushed you back onto the bed. he pulled out a couple of meds from his backpack, from painkillers, vitamins as well as sweets and candies.

he quickly shuffled into your kitchen, filling a two-litre water bottle it had bought for fun for your birthday and bringing it into your room and offering you a couple of the fever and cold pills.

"i'll go cook."

"i wanna come."

"no?"

"bring me there."

after much whining, kuroo was dragging you by the back of your shirt as you stayed wrapped up in your blanket.

at least you've cleaned your apartment floor.

you had expected him to at least treat you a little nicer, having fallen sick, but he was being as curt and unromantic as usual, you grumbled under your breath as he effortlessly pulled you across your apartment floor, "not the romantic scenario i had in my mind."

kuroo does occasionally cook but the success rate of his dishes are below ten.

to kuroo's surprise, he was able to cook up a plain bowl of porridge without burning down your apartment. he proudly sets it in front of you, feeling rather satisfied with what he had whipped up.

you willed yourself to take a bite, "have i ever told you your food was good?"

kuroo's already really inflated self-esteem seemed like it got a whole lot bigger in that split second, "aww, no—"

"then why do you keep cooking?"

his expression fell as he flashed you a faux expression of hurt, his hand dramatically placed on his chest.

he rolled his eyes as he sat in front of you, his chin propped against his palm as he simply watching you eat peacefully.

thank god you have fallen sick and your tastebuds were dead, he had unintentionally dropped half the bottle of salt in the pot while trying to season the porridge.

"should i book an appointment with the doc for you? ten, tomorrow?"

you looked genuinely confused as you titled your head, "ten?"

"ten? yeah, ten."

"why would i need so many doctors? it's probably just the seasonal flu—"

"i meant ten o'clock in the morning, dumbass," kuroo groaned, he was wondering if you had the tendency to lose brain cells when you fall ill.

"oh," the look of realisation made it clear you had obviously lost a couple of brain cells, "no it's fine. you can take care of me, right? there's no need to waste money on visiting the doc."

the drowsiness effect of the pills was starting to get to you as you felt your eyelids getting heavier.

kuroo got up from his seat, feeling a little guilty for pulling you across the floor when you were sick.

walking over to you, he picked you up in his arms as if you were nothing more than a ragdoll and swung the blanket over his shoulder before picking up some snacks from pantry and carrying you to your room. your head rolled back between his shoulder blades as he staggered into the room.

before you could tease or comment at his sudden romantic gesture, your eyelids got heavier, as your consciousness ebbed, your mind went into free fall, swirling with the beautiful chaos of a new dream.

as you rouse from a heavy slumber, you were first aware of the coolness of the air and its loamy fragrance. the ground is lumpy as if you were on a bed of earth and rocks

kuroo was seated next to you, one hand holding onto a book he had found lying around while another one was running through the locks of your hair.

he glanced over, realising you had woken up, immediately retreating the hand he had tangled in your hair, "oh hey, you're up."

you just groaned in response, trying to bury yourself under the sheets again.

kuroo pulled you up, passing you a couple of pills and a tall glass of water, "here".

"what time is it?"

"11 pm."

"how long have i been asleep for?"

"approximately, nine hours."

"oh. you're not going home?"

kuroo laughed as he pulled back down, wrapping his arms around your shoulder, pulling you into his chest. his body heat a lot more comforting and soothing that the freezing winter night air.

"no? i'm not leaving my weak and ill girlfriend alone on a winter night. i'm not leaving so just rest up."

you couldn't hide your surprise from his sudden change in character, how did he suddenly sit something so sentimental, without trying?

"you liked me since our first year in high school, huh?"

"what?"

he raised the book he had held in hid behind is broad back, it was a journal you had kept throughout your middle school and high school years.

"and i can't believe you actually thought yak-kun was cool on the court during the inter-high. what about me?

"give that back!"

you tried to reach out for your journal, self-consciousness and embarrassment overwhelming every single cell in your body.

kuroo let out his signature hyena wheeze and laugh as he simply pushed you back down onto the bed and threw your old journal onto your desk before returning to bury himself in the crook of your neck, making you squirm under his touch.

his breath tickling your skin, "if it makes you feel better," mumbling, "i've liked you since the day we met, too, dummy."