iwaizumi hajime: oikawa-free-date

iwaizumi haijime is the first man in your life that ever mattered, aside from your father

though many are terrified of him because of his no-nonsense attitude and character, he's actually soft-hearted and loving person that goes the extra miles for those that matter a lot to him.

yourself included having known him for over two years as well as being in a relationship with him for close to four months.

four months is actually quite some time, considering it took you a whole year to muster up your courage to confess to him though you were very aware he felt the same way (because some little birdies who told you. the little birdies being hanamaki and matsukawa).

the two of you have been content, you share a really laid back but close-knit relationship.

that said, neither of you had really initiated more than just the occasional innocent brushing of hands against each other.

nothing more, nothing less.

that's probably because the two of you are painfully shy people and have an extremely hard time trying to initiate some form of skin-ship.

but the biggest reason that neither of you has been able to confidently be more physically affectionate, would be none other than oikawa tooru.

you understood that he was iwaizumi's lifelong best friend but you never thought getting together with iwaizumi would also mean getting together with oikawa.

he never failed to crash any of your attempted dates, even successfully being able to join in on your study dates though he just ends up as a distraction. he also makes sure he's always with iwaizumi at school, so as to ensure you don't get more time with your boyfriend.

maybe he is just concerned that you were his best friend's first-ever girlfriend and that the latter wouldn't know how to act in different scenarios but it was getting too much.

it felt more like a three-way relationship rather than one you shared with just iwaizumi.

this was one of the rare days when iwaizumi appears by your doorstep, alone, with a bouquet of flowers looking all handsome in a simple get-up.

he's wearing a plain white shirt alongside a pair of black jeans and a checkered red flannel he had tied to his waist. his right hand held onto his sling-bag while the other hand shyly passed you the beautiful bouquet of bright yellow sunflowers.

"you mentioned the sunflowers in the biology textbook were really pretty so, i got you some," he looked to the side in an attempt to hide his reddened cheeks from you.