sawamura daichi: baby (part 2)

daichi stepped into the apartment, whispering under this breath, "i'm home

daichi stepped into the apartment, whispering under this breath, "i'm home."

he had gotten home slightly later this night, spending more time outside buying things he was hoping would cheer you up.

his heart shattered as he heard your violent and hysterical sobs from the bedroom.

you cried with more violence than any gale. not being able to feel like an adequate wife right there was torture to your soul. you didn't break quietly, it was like every atom of yours being screamed in unison, traumatized that you should exist. when the wracking sobs passed you cried in such a desolate way that no-one could bear to listen for long. you had gone from gregarious to hanging by a thread, a transformation no-one knew how to reverse

daichi sighed, trying to hold back the tears of his own as he got off the couch, knocking on the door, "(f/n), dear, open the door, please?" he didn't want to fail as a husband and allowing his wife feel like absolute crap about not being able to conceive.

"no."

he tried turning the knob, it was unlocked.

typically behaviour from you. the thought of your silliness making his soul break into a small smile of his own.

"i'm coming in, anyway."

he turns the knob, only to see you by the corner of the room, curled up into a ball. your hair was in a mess, your eyes swollen and red, face flushed. you were still shaking from crying so hard.

"(f/n)..." daichi's voice trailed off, his heart twisting from the sight of you in this. state, he immediately shuffled over to your side, enveloping you in the most possessive and loving hug he has ever made before.

"daichi, i'm sorry, i'm sorry, i'm so sorry—" you tried to force the words out between your sobs.

daichi tightened his hug around you, as if that were even possible, his hands running up and down your back in an attempt to calm your nerves down, "what for, dummy? what are you apologising for?"

he places a quick chaste and innocent kiss on your forehead.

"please don't blame yourself, you've done nothing wrong."

gently, he pulls you off the floor, guiding you to the living room, his hands holding yours real tight as if he would lose you the moment he was to let go.

on the dining table was nothing but all of your favourite pizza, and a big box in your favourite colour.

"open it up, honey," he sends you a reassuring grin as he guides you towards the box, his thumb gently wiping the tears off your face as his other arm wrapped themselves around your waist.

you used the back of your shirt's sleeves to harshly wipe off the last of your tears, almost unintentionally elbowing daichi's face in the process.

you pulled the top of the box off, only to reveal a set of toothless and lightfury onesies, the ones you had tried to bribe daichi into buying for fun. on the side were even a matching set of indoor plush slippers.

"daichi..."

"eh, i wasn't sure if they will cheer you up or whether you would like them but, uhm do you like them?"

there's a kind of blushing that shows the soul, a sort of compliment to the eyes and the delicate sweetness within. it shows a connection, that the smile and shyness come from some deep emotion... and that's a beautiful thing, that's something real.

and that was the spring pink blush that was growing on daichi's cheeks as he looked elsewhere, avoiding eye contact with you, absolutely anxious about where you would like the gifts.

"i love it," you finally let out laughter so free and pure, one he hasn't heard in so long, so childish despite your adult years. it came to his ears as a tickle and bounce — and only a rocky heart could do anything but join in such generous mirth.

he lets out a sigh of relief as the ends of his lips curved upwards as well, his hands tilting your head upwards so he could stare into your eyes. the two of you stared at one other in an odd way, as if it were a silent argument. your glances battled each other until tears arose, and you found yourselves crying.

"you don't hate me?" you hiccuped, tears rolling down with the same quietness. he shook his head, wiping his own tears, before running his fingers through your hair lovingly.

"i would never, never ever hate. even if it meant i had to live the rest of my in that onesie of a dragon."

in a moment he had pressed his lips against yours, his body loosens and his arms touch your shoulders. he smiled beneath the salty tears, "that's payback." then the two of you hovered right there, quite soundless for so long, simply feeling each other's presence.

"i missed you," he whispers as he pulled you in for another stiff but heartfelt embrace.

"can you put on the onesie, daichi?"

daichi immediately pulled away, and deadpanned, "seriously?"

you looked at him straight in the eyes as you nodded.

he rolled his eyes, but his heart was so relieved you had at least smiled and laughed after so long.

it all felt so unfamiliar yet natural at the same time, to have you in his arms and teasing him.

"sure, i will," he agrees as he pulls away for a brief moment, placing a set of papers in front of you on the table, "as long as you sign these papers."

without turning away from him, you immediately gasped, "divorce papers?!?"

"what?! no!" he yelled, shocked that you would even think that, he groans as he pulled the papers in front of your face instead, "i know you have always been close to this kid at the orphanage and have had the thoughts of raising him yourself so, what do you say? shall we form a family of three with him?"

your eyes widened as you read the papers in daichi's hands, seeing his signature at the bottom of the adoption papers, your eyes glimmering with watery tears as you fell onto the seat next to you, "a-a-are you serious daichi? this is a really big decision? are you certain? wer're adopting a kid? a whole human being but smaller? you're okay with that?"

"yes, yes, yes, yes, yes and yes," he simply replies, "i'm certain i wil not regret any of this, we can get a another set of dragon onesies to celebrate with him too."

you clasped your hand over your mouth, trying to hold back a shout of victory in the middle of the night.

holding onto his hands, "i love you so damn much, daichi, i promise i'll be a better wife, the best mother to our child, i promise—"

"you're already the best wife i could ever ask for, i'm sure you'll be the best mother to our children. you don't need to promise anything," he cuts you off swiftly with his feverish peck on your lips.

"now, shall we change into our onesies and have some pizza to celebrate?"