sawamura daichi: baby (part 1)

+a/n: this is dedicated to my best friend joyful_origins for being the realest and always being there for me. here's a daichi one shot since she just recently found out she's simping over this man.

daichi should've done something

he should've.

but he couldn't.

he stares at the locked bedroom door.

you were crying again.

it has been months. since he last saw you smile, laugh, eat a proper meal, go to the gym with him, make a dirty joke when you guys were out in public.

it was hard living life like that.

he reaches out for the photo album he kept since your high school days, reminiscing the times before and after your marriage.

even after marriage, there was never a dull moment when you were by his side.

even though you have already reached your late twenties, sometimes, daichi still ends up feeling like he's still trying to handle the boys in his high school volleyball club when he's with you.

"daichi, do you think i should buy this?" you would lean over to him as the two of you just relaxed on the couch on weekends.

you shoved your phone in his face, making him scrunch up his brows, "a toothless onesie?"

"isn't he adorable? let's just matching ones! you can be the light fury!"

+a/n: toothless from how to train your dragon! uwu

"i'm not wearing a onesie of a dragon."

you pouted as you continue scrolling, "then should i dress up as a volleyball? will that seduce you?"

daichi would roll his eyes as he pushed you off the couch, absolutely embarrassed every time you tried to say something flirtatious. 

he is the dream partner of every girl — responsible and dependable, loving and good-natured. he's really good looking and his muscles, god damn! did you mention his muscles?

he is an absolute gym freak and frequented the gym near his apartment. you did try tagging along a couple of times but only ended up giving up after running a single mile.

"daichi, i'm done for the day, let's go get pizza," you would appear next to him, barely even sweating while he was busy lifting weights.

he would always end up groaning and giving you an 'are-you-serious' expression but took you out to your favourite pizza place instantly anyways.

when the two of you started living together after getting married, it felt as if life had just started again and he couldn't wait to start a new chapter with you.

he wouldn't forget how you insisted on wearing sneakers on your wedding day, claiming that it was your day and ain't nobody (daichi included) had the right to tell you what you needed to wear.

he was just thankful he managed to talk you out of wearing crocs.

and while he was trying to hold back his tears when he saw you walk down the aisle, you had sneakily stopped in the middle of the aisle and offered him playful wink and quick peek of your bright yellow converse sneakers under your beautiful wedding dress.

he still remembered suga, his best man, leaning over to him and whispering, "no second thoughts? she's a wild one."

daichi did contemplate for a moment whether he should become a runaway groom for fun.

when the two of you just got married and attended parties or gatherings, you would always intentionally introduce daichi on his behalf, "hi! i'm (f/n)! and this is my ex-boyfriend, sawamura daichi!"

"please stop introducing me like that, (f/n)," daichi would always sigh and rub his temples in exasperation, "sorry bout' her, i'm her husband, sawamura daichi."

something the two of you always wanted was to have a kid.

even when the two of you were dating, you guys had always had the talk and realised the both of you extremely loved kids and always wanted one of your own.

he even ended up going to the orphanage you volunteered at to spend time with the kids that you loved a lot. even after marriage, the two of you still forked out the time of your busy schedules to visit the orphanage.

and when you thought you had successfully gotten pregnant with daichi's child, you were only presented with the news that you had suffered a miscarriage instead.

you had spiralled out control, living every day feeling nothing but regret and guilt.

you felt terrible, broken, absolutely guilty that you aren't able to have a child for daichi, one he had always wanted.

a child of his own.

this, therefore, explaining your behaviour — locked up in the bedroom or toilet, brawling your eyes out and screaming.

daichi bit onto his bottoms lip, burying his face in his calloused hands.

he didn't know what to do but the last thing he wanted, was for the love of his life to lose her infectiously radiant and sunny character.