kageyama tobio: family

today, is the day your family becomes one with kageyama's

who would've ever thought the dense and hotheaded volleyball addict — kageyama tobio, your childhood friend of 20 over years — would ever fall in love and get married?

back in middle and high school, his whole life was only centred around volleyball and nothing else.

you've been by kageyama's side ever since the two of you were infants. your mothers were best friends in university and were inseparable ever since. and that became the case for kageyama and yourself.

you were there when he first started learning how to toss a volleyball. you were there when he became the official setter for kitigawa daiichi. you were there when his own teammates rejected him. you were there when he lost his grandfather to a terminal illness.

you were there when he failed all his high school tests. you were there when he lost to aoba johsai in the inter-high semifinals. you were there when he won against shiratorizawa and was bound for nationals.

you were always there.

you had a calm and collected demeanour, you never really lost your cool or crumbled under pressure. and you hid your innermost feelings well, it was hard even for your family members to decipher how you were feeling.

you stared into the giant floor to ceiling mirror, scanning your outfit for the day, it was beautiful.

you never really took the effort to ever dress up. being a homebody that loved staying indoors under your blankets while binge-watching anime and variety shows, you never really prioritised appearance over comfort.

there was no one else to impress besides your lifelong crush kageyama, who had already long grown used to your slipshod way of dressing and interesting manners. there was no need to dress fancifully when he had been so used to seeing you in this state.

and he probably would ask if you had lost your mind if you ever made the effort to dress up.

but today was a really special day. and staring into the mirror where you saw a reflection of yourself, you had to admit, you looked amazing.

your usually straight and shoulder-length hair that was always in a high ponytail was styled beautifully, in a half-up hairdo, with a braid from above your ears that connected in the middle, with cute little baby's breath that decorated your light brown hair.

your dress was of a white off-shoulder silk gown. the skirt stopped just above your knees and around your waist was a sky blue chiffon layer that allowed for a peek of the delicate material of the skirt. you, unfortunately, had to be in a pair of heels for the day to match everyone else.

though your soles were already aching from the endless wedding preparation today, you let out a satisfied sigh, your lips curling into a smile, satisfied with this new look on you. it was rather refreshing and a good change for once in a while.