tendou satori: groom

"do you, ushijima wakatoshi, take (bride/name) to be your wedded wife, to live together in marriage? do you promise—"

the emotional exchange of vows was what everyone kept their focus on but you could not focus on the bride and groom of the day at all as you ogled over your boyfriend, the groom's best man.

he looked absolutely charming was definitely a treat for the eyes. his fiery red hair was neatly gelled back, and he stood next to the groom in a well-tailored suit, one you had picked out together with him.

the suit was as crisp as a new banknote and dyed to a uniform shade of bleak grey. above the white-collar line, it was as if his face had been fashioned from those inky dots.

tendou very well knew his girlfriend was almost drooling over the sight of him like that as he glanced over to her where she sat amongst some old high school classmates.

you immediately locked gazes with him and felt your face turn hot as he playfully sent you a wink and smirk from the alter.

god, i would totally get married to you right here, right now.

as if he could read your mind, he smirked cheekily as he turned back to his dear friend wakatoshi-kun.

watching him stand on the alter made you feel as if he were the groom standing at the end of the aisle on your own wedding day.

the two of you were classmates for all three years of high school and from the first day you guys met, everything seemed to fall in place. it didn't take long for the two of you to realise the feelings were mutual and to immediately start dating at the end of freshman year. no one thought a relationship that started so abruptly would have lasted a whole twelve years. now at the age of twenty-eight, you still feel as in love as you had always been since the day you met him.

the reception room buzzed with excited chatter and children ran between the tables in a good-natured game of tag. then the bride and groom entered, applause spread across the room.

there was the scraping of chairs as folks got up for a standing ovation and the happy couple made their way to the head table, smiling and holding hands. they sat in front of a bouquet of baby pink roses and the groom leaned in for a kiss.

there were cheers and someone (obviously tendou) whooped.

tendou and yourself were seated at a table with several of his shiratorizawa volleyball club teammates, namely — semi, reon, shirabu and goshiki. ushijima was even kind enough to invite their old coach washijo.

the team was obviously feeling tense and awkward with coach washijo around but tendou was able to easily lighten the mood with some jokes and small talk.

"when are the two of you getting married, then?" semi abruptly inquired, facing tendou and yourself, "no one expected the two of you to get married later than ushijima-kun."