Strawberry Milk - Lim Jaebum

You are new in town, so after done unpacking your stuff you decided to take a stroll around the neighborhood and even go to the convenience store.
"Mum I'm going out for a bit" you told your mom while putting on your shoes.
"Alright ~ don't take too long and take care honey~" your mom said
"Alright~" you reply and then left the house.

As you were walking down the street of your neighborhood while drinking banana milk, you saw a guy around your age on the swing. As you were watching him, you watch as he hung his head low and tears was falling. You come over to him, trying to get his attention and he did sense your presence. He quickly wipe away his tears and was about to leave. You ran after him and grasp on his arms.
"Wait!" You stop him.
"I'm...I'm sorry..I have to go" he shutter trying to ran away from you.
"Wait...I just wanted to give you this" you handed him a strawberry milk.
"Huh?" He hold the drink that you gave and stare at you confusedly.
" I saw you were crying awhile ago and decided to gave you to cheer you up" you smile genuinely at him.
"Go..gomawoyo.." He thanked you and looked down.
"Hehe anytime~ btw I'm y/n..." You stretch out your hand for a handshake.
"I..I'm Jaebum" he shyly introduce himself and shake your hand.
"Well it's nice meet you Jaebum~ *your phone rang* oh well I hope I can meet you again...annyeong Jaebum~" you bid him goodbye.
Jaebum watch you walk away then look back at the strawberry milk you gave him. He smiled and hope that he will meet you again.

The day have come, you start going to your new school. After you got your schedule from your home room teacher, you went on search for your classroom but soon found that you were lost.
"Shit...now I'm lost...I should have ask the teacher for direction" you curse yourself under your breath.
" y/n ?" Some one called out your name.
"Jaebum?! Oh my god! You go to this school too?" You ask him excitedly that finally someone you know there.
" ahh ne...hmm you seem to be lost awhile ago...is something the matter?" He ask taking.
" I don't know where my classroom is and I forgot to ask the teacher for direction and now here I am.." You sigh.
"Here let me help you." He said .
You gave him your schedule the teacher gave and it's a coincidence that you and Jaebum are in the same class so you both go there together. What more surprising is that you and Jaebum are seat partner and from there you two got closer. It's already been a year you both become friends and it was nice to be friend with Jaebum.

After school you and Jaebum usually hang out at a cafe eating tteokbokki and some fish cake then went to the convenience store to buy some strawberry milk. As you both past thru the playground where you first met. You pull Jaebum toward the swing and take a sit followed by Jaebum beside you.
"Hahah I forgot how fun this were." You giggle.
"Yeah" Jaebum just agreed you and space out.
"JB....you know what..I have always wanted to ask you what where you doing here the other day?" You ask him.
"Nothing..I was just spacing out" Jaebum show you a fake smile.
"While crying?" You raise an eyebrow.
"You saw that?!" Jaebum surprised that you actually show that.
" yes...it's fine if you don't want to tell me but as you know I'm here for you JB~" you grasp on his hand and  smile.
" I was just.... Sad at that time that's all" he confess.
" about what?" You ask.
"I actually was about to audition to be an idol but before I got to audition ...I bump into some guys from our school and they laugh at me for being there because I wasn't cut to be an idol...they said I'm talentless, ugly and will never be successful so I ran here and cried" Jaebum storied to you.
" Jaebum...I..I didn't know that...I'm sorry" you feel guilty that you make him story his experience.
" haha it's fine...it's already been  a year after the incidence and you don't have to be sorry y/n..." He said but once again he show you a fake smile.
"No it's not fine! You can't give up on your dream that easily just because they said you aren't cut for it JB! " you insist him.
" but y/n it's true...I'm not suitable to be an idol..." Jaebum look down and play with the pebble.
"no! Don't do that to yourself JB! It's your dream to be an idol...and I believe that you are going to be a successful idol, you just have to believe in yourself.." You said as you cup his cheek for him to face you.
" I...don't know about this y/n..." Jaebum said unsurely.
" I will help you~ Jaebum I'm here for you as you are for me" you assure him.
" really? You sure about this y/n?" He ask you once again.
"Yes! I'm positive of it JB! You can do this~" you bubbly said.
Jaebum hug you and whisper thank you repeatedly as you hug him back while patting his back.