Chapter 12

Rosé's POV.

It was already 11 am when I dragged myself out of bed. Definitely not the best Saturday morning ever, I still feel on edge after what happened yesterday. Ugh, Jisoo can be so irritating! I hate myself for even worrying about her. I really shouldn't have texted her, who am I, her mom? And I even texted her friends, oh my god, that's so embarrassing. Pathetic even.

And now I have to go out and talk to her and I really don't want to. She'll probably make fun of me... No, I'm not going out, screw it, I'll stay in bed all day.

But my stomach reminded me that I haven't eaten in a while. I'm so hungry... I reluctantly got up and went to the kitchen, where Jennie and Lisa were silently eating breakfast.

"Did you guys argue or something?" I asked, noticing some weird tension in the air.

"What? No!" They both replied a little too quickly.

"Oh, really? Because you could cut the tension with a knife here. But whatever, don't tell me if you don't want to."

Everyone fell silent again. I ate some cereal and for the first time since I remember I didn't enjoy food, as if it lost its taste. And where the hell is Chu? She's getting on my nerves me even when she's not here! Whoa, Chae, what was that, aren't you exaggerating a bit? Damn, what's happening with me? In all my life I've never been this... edgy. Anxious. And restless. It started when I moved here, maybe living with three other girls is just too much. "Yeah, I guess it must be that." I concluded in my mind.

But I didn't even believe it. No, there was something else bothering me and I couldn't even pinpoint what it was.

My fingers were restlessly thumping on the table. Lisa looked at my hand and gave me an annoyed frown but didn't say anything. She and Jennie really look weird today, I wonder what happened there.

"Where's Chu?" I asked, breaking the awkward silence.

"Thank god you finally asked, you've been thinking about it for ten minutes already." Jennie's snarky remark made the situation even more tense. If it keeps escalating like that we're all going to have a big fight today.

"I don't know where she is. When I woke up she wasn't here." Jennie said curtly. Lisa glanced at her, but when the brunette was about to look back, Lisa quickly turned her head away. Yeah, I was right, there's definitely something strange going on between those two.

"So do you have any big plans for today?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm going clubbing." Lisa said.

"With who?"

"Minnie, Bambam and Sorn."

"So it's a Thai night out?"

"Yeah, something like that." Lisa smiled weakly.

"And I'm going out with Kai and his friends." Jennie said and I realized that there's a sort of competition going on between my two friends. Lisa snorted.

"Kai? You're going to have a fun night then." she said ironically. "The guy can't talk about anything else than how many girls he dated. Or how drunk he got at parties. Oh, sorry, I forgot, sometimes he also brags about his car and how fast it is. But maybe you like guys like that."

"Maybe I do, why do you care?" Jennie retorted sharply. "Besides it's not like your friends are titans of intellect either, what are you going to talk about with Minnie? Make-up and shopping?"

Wow, why are they suddenly mean to each other? They were so friendly yesterday. It really seems like they're both jealous about each other's friends. Why? Damn, I can't understand those two.

But I didn't have the chance to ponder more about it because I heard the lock turn and Jisoo came in, dragging with her two big shopping bags.